4th Gen brake upgrade and standard fork upgrade

Guest StevenBlanc

Guest StevenBlanc

Due to finding some good used upgrades I have decided to upgrade my front brakes, tokino 6pot callers and brackets, r1 master cylinder...parts should arrive soon.

What should i do to upgrade the standard front forks? Want to do all the work myself

I find the forks on my 4th gen. more than adequate for everyday, and sport riding. Unless you live in an area where you can drag your knee on a regular basis, I can't see much point in upgrading the front fork. To me it's a sport touring bike with compliant not overly firm, suspension. But that's just me!

I see no point in swapping fork unless you're after the look. Springs to suit your weight and a revalve/service will do you just as good. If I had a second 4th gen to play with, I would go the whole hog with USD front end. Since I wish to keep mine tastefully and not irreversably modified, standard front end is fine. Same goes with the rear, stiffer spring and revalve does wonders.

I'm not sure 6 piston brakes with R1 master cylinder sound like a worthwhile upgrade. What are your pads like?

• 5 months later...

Archived