Ohlins pre-preload setting

PhotoOp

Ok, bear with me on this one.

Just got a used ohlins for my 5th gen, spring rate is 16.3kg. It has the groovy hydraulic preload adjuster on it but you can also set a non hydraulic, "regular" preload ring while the shock is out of the bike. I've searched here and google for a chart or something to get me in the ballpark on that adjustment before I get this thing all fitted up and back on the road. Any help here or do I just sort of go for it and start fiddling? I'm about 155 WITH my gear on if that helps. Suspension is otherwise stock, pending fork internals swap.

Thanks for any help you can render.

I wouldn't touch it. At your weight I think that spring will be pretty good for you and it should already be in the ballpark from the PO.

Look for 8-12mm of Free Sag and 25-35mm of Rider Sag when installed.

BR

I think thats what Im going to have to do. I figured there might be a chart or some kind of equation to set that before bolting the shock in (the Swedes love math you know) but no amount of Googling is turining one up.

on the up side, I found a sweet set of spacers in my years of assorted crap to set the ride height. See kids, ignore your mom and save all your old junk. You never know when you will need a stack of motor mount washers to help you fix the handling of your sportbike.

Archived