Looking for OEM hard bags

Guest Tangaroa

Guest Tangaroa

I tried many sellers and am told that even the black hard bags are discontinued. Anybody with suggestions. I need them for a planned trip mid-February and any color will do. In the mean time I am checking ebay and Craig list.

Tangaroa

Thanks, I should learn to do better searching on Ebay :)

The are all model year specific. No 06 are offered. I am trying to make sure they are compatibe.

• Member Contributer

As long as they are '02 to '09 you are good to go for a 6th gen, just make sure mounting harware is included..

Thanks, I just ordered a set, (07) on Ebay, with mounting hardware for 990 including shipping to florida. I could not get white, so will have to get them painted. Expensive, but .....

• 3 months later...

I know this posting is a few months old, and you've got your bags, but in case anyone else reads this: I just bought a set of OEM bags and mounting hardware from DSS (David Silver Spares), out of the UK. Color options are limited to black, red, and silver currently, but even with shipping included you save a couple hundred dollars over anything I've found within the states. Here's a link to the black hardcases for anyone interested. http://www.davidsilv...02/part_182631/ To the best of my knowledge these will fit the 6th generation models, years '02-'09.

• 10 months later...

I just bought a set of black side cases from David Silver spares. They currently have black and red in stock. $399 + $17.00 shipping.....even to Canuckistan (had to pay $30 brokerage). Still a phenomenal price and fantastic service. Delivered in 2 days from US warehouse. Their stock varies, sometimes they are out of stock, just need to check now and then.

Archived