03 VFR Sticker(s) Recommendation

vfrdriscoll

• Member Contributer

Apologize if this has been discussed before...

2003 Silver 800

I currently have my side panels off and have always wanted to put some sort of sticker(s) on those big silver spaces.

I like the slightly older "VFR" decals. Something with "Honda" in black along the bottom and "VFR" on the upper. Not looking for anything extreme, just a little something to break up the panel.

Anyone have pictures of what you've done or seen that you can share?

• Member Contributer

There are a few threads floating around about stickers. If you do a search for "Stickers" I am sure they will pop up. Some really nice looking ones too that you can configure different color options. Should give it the look you are lookin' for!! Post a pic or two when you are done. Would love to see how it came out.

• Member Contributer
There are a few threads floating around about stickers. If you do a search for "Stickers" I am sure they will pop up. Some really nice looking ones too that you can configure different color options. Should give it the look you are lookin' for!! Post a pic or two when you are done. Would love to see how it came out.

We can do better than that -

How about this? I like the wings...

post-16289-0-95639700-1322795763.jpg

But I LOVE this...

post-16289-0-55399000-1322795839.jpg

• Member Contributer

So why use decals? I've got a set of guns and I'll be painting this winter... stop by AC with a 6pack and we can do this -

post-16289-0-67922900-1322796025.jpg

:beer:

PS credit her to Spotthedog!

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/49749-my-journey-into-custom-paint/

• Member Contributer

You could do this, where the upper stripes are tape and just the lower black is painted...

Photoshop your color preference ;)

post-16289-0-95702700-1322915436.jpg

• Member Contributer

Unbalanced - nice pics. You found a few we talked about. :woohoo:

I like the HONDA idea - but using the sprayer is a more interesting idea. :idea3:

I'll photoshop a litte today and work the last picture. The black with a HONDA sticker is where I think I'm headed. Be back shortly with a mock up....

• Member Contributer

Polarbear - sticker site commonly referenced and I've been searching is: http://honda-decals.com/ (AKA http://www.xtreemedecals.com/). They seems to have a bit of everything for most bikes.

I have no experience applying 'these' stickers, but if it's similar to other material that I've used in the past, it's a fairly simple process.

• Member Contributer

Unbalanced - nice pics. You found a few we talked about. :woohoo:

I like the HONDA idea - but using the sprayer is a more interesting idea. :idea3:

I'll photoshop a litte today and work the last picture. The black with a HONDA sticker is where I think I'm headed. Be back shortly with a mock up....

Hey if Sulli can put a spray booth in the man cave I could bring up the guns, Franenstiens body and we could make a weekend out of it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

First round of stickers arrived from honda-decals.com. Positioned the lower "Honda" stickers on the panels (and about to stick them). With the size stickers I ordered (13.5 x 1.75), the hole in "D" is exactly over a bolt hole, and the "O" on the other side is just below the opposing bolt hole. This is the best I could position and have it both stickers be positioned the same on their panels.

post-2485-0-21800600-1325368998.jpg

• Member Contributer

I do, and they went on very well. I used the dry method and folded over half of the sticker.

I like where they ended up. Excuse the tank and seat as I'm waiting for the PAIR blockoff plates :-)

post-2485-0-57375600-1326071245.jpg

Archived