1st gen bellypan and rear seat cowl

Guest silentjatt

Guest silentjatt

looking to put a bellypan on the 1985 VF750F. im going to search for a used one from somewhere if i can find it. question is, which years and models would be interchangeable with this bike? do they have to be from a 750? or could the bellypans from 500 or a 1000 would fit as well?

also looking for same information for the rear seat cowl as well.

Years: 1983-1984-1985

VF750F or VF700F will be your only direct fit.

500s or 1000s will not fit without mods, I have no idea what would be involved with making them fit.

Airtech makes a fibreglass replica, scroll down to the bottom of the page:

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/hondaz/VF7501983-85.htm

vf7504~2.JPG

thanks! good to know which are a direct fit and which are not. i found that link before too. its nice to see someone out there still makes parts for these bikes.

• 1 month later...

looking to put a bellypan on the 1985 VF750F. im going to search for a used one from somewhere if i can find it. question is, which years and models would be interchangeable with this bike? do they have to be from a 750? or could the bellypans from 500 or a 1000 would fit as well?

also looking for same information for the rear seat cowl as well.

The 750 one looks best. I put one on my Vf1000F. I painted the vents Duplicolor Metalcast grey and the screen behind it black. Since my bike is red on the bottom of the fuel tank, I painted the top half of the pan Red and also the front fender to tie in with the tank.

Picture034-1.jpg

IMHO, it looks good. It is also a bitch to keep clean, being so close to the ground and front tire.

Archived