Opening both pipes on TB V.A.L.E.

monkeyspanner

Hoping to get some info on the TB V.A.L.E. exhaust. I know they only utilise one can when running and that some people have rotated the cans to get an even wear look. But where is the closed pipe section and what does the underside look like? How do the pipes run underneath and has anyone got a pic of the assembly process. Would like to know if the pipes have a heat shield as well like the LV or not? This is one if the last thing i have to repair or mod and can call her finished (ish).

• Member Contributer

The LH can (non-functioning) has a pipe that attaches to it just like the RH side does. That pipe then tapers down to a tab that attaches to one of the bolts on the passenger footpeg bracket mount (on the frame). There is no additional heatshield, unless the previous owner on my system forgot to give it to me. The pipe to the functional can runs just like the stock one does except that it makes a straight shot into the entrance of the can (the stock splits under the seat). Sorry, no detailed pics of install at this time, but I remeber it being very straightforward and I had no instructions whatsoever. If you can get the stock one off, getting the aftermarket one on should be cake.

If you're concerned that it will be glaringly obvious the LH can isn't doing anything, I wouldn't be. 2 Bros was very clever in designing it to look as though it's hooked to something. VERY RARELY have I had someone figure out the 'secret' without me showing them. Yes, the interior of the funcitoning can does get dirtier and does give it away somewhat. It's also a little obvious to anyone riding behind you because they'll be at the optimum height to look down the cans and see daylight coming through the LH one. However, with the silencers in (which, of course, you MUST do to be street legal *wink*), you'd be very hard-pressed to tell.

Here's a pic of what you get. You can see the pipe I was talking about:

vfr%20kit.bmp

Mike

The mid pipe doesn't have a heat sheild liek many of the other manufacrtures do. I have had mine on for 20,000+ miles and never had any issues with hitting it.

I would like to know if someone connected the 2 cans and how hard it was to do. I think that the bike would sound awesome and very interested. Anyone??????

• Member Contributer

Here's a thread from another forum where someone has pics of how they hooked up the 2nd can:

http://vfrworld.com/forums/6th-generation-2002-2009/10336-two-bros-exhaust-question.html

Personally, I wouldn't bother, but if you MUST have both cans functioning, you could probably come out ahead financially by buying something that does what you want right out of the box.

Mike

Archived