pc V on 2006

TC84

• Member Contributer

Everyone,

I just wanted to write a quick thanks to all that have posted up about installing the new PCV.

After installing my LeoVince exhaust I knew it was a matter of time before I bought a PC. The only debate was which one to get PC3 or PCV. After doing a lot of searching on here I came to the conlusion the the PCV would be the best option, since they are practically the same price and you get more oportunities for future improvement/options. I couldn't believe how easy the install was!

A big thanks to Cozye for making his map available to all. I uploaded his map and took the bike for a ride. All I can say is WOW!!!! The throttle response is a lot better along with the a much smoother Vtec transition!!! It is still there but it is much less noticeable. I really didn't mind it before, thought it added to the character of the bike, but now that is smoother I can see how it will help in the twisties making the bike less dangerous in the turns. Also, I noticed that from 40-100mph is much faster and the power delivery seems like it got even smoother.

As you can see I am very happy with this mod!!!

Thanks again everyone,

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

did you get the auto tune with it or just the pcv?

I just got the PCV. I didn't have the funds to get a auto tune too. It is definately in the plans for the future!

• Member Contributer

Have you had a chance to check gas mileage ????

I have only run 2 tanks of fuel since the upgrade. One tank was mostly cruising country roads 50-60 mph and I got about 39-42 mpg. The other was mostly city driving and pretty aggressive on the throttle. I only got about 35-37 mpg on this tank. I would say if you were riding somewhere like the gap you should expect low to mid 30 mpg.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the reply, I just ordered the PCV. I know the map is somewhere on this site, but for some reason it is eluding me?

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the reply, I just ordered the PCV. I know the map is somewhere on this site, but for some reason it is eluding me?

Here is how to get to the one i used.

VFR Discussion > Forums> Downloads> Power Commander Maps> Modified Cozy_ver5 for PCV

• Member Contributer

Here is how to get to the one i used.

VFR Discussion > Forums> Downloads> Power Commander Maps> Modified Cozy_ver5 for PCV

lol... I probably should have edited my post. I finally realized there was a "Files" section and found it right after I posted that. Thanks though, I really appreciate how helpful this place is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Finally got around to installing the PCV. No more snatchy throttle, Yea!

I don't feel much change in the power department (didn't really expect to) but damn is it smooth now... and I've got something to tinker with!

I've got a 929 shock going to Jamie Daugherty for conversion and rebuild, along with having the front forks done at the same time. I'm really excited for this mod!