2006 Headlight Replacement

Guest crom

I'm trying to replace my two low beam bulbs on my 2006 VFR and I'm having a heck of a time getting at them. I was able to remove the dust boot, socket and bulb from the left side without removing the instrument cluster but I doubt I could get the new one back in (especially the dust boot). I can't figure out how to get that instrument cluster out. It's loose, but the two little side fairing parts are holding it in and I don't want to force anything.

I've downloaded the 2002 shop pdf but I think the 2006 bodywork is significantly different in the headlight area. The pictures and instructions don't seem to match up when dealing with the instrument cluster.

Anyone have experience changing the bulbs on this year? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

You don't have to remove any hard parts.

Pull back the rubber boot. SQUEEZE the connector sides and pull back to release from bulb. Then press the spring clip forward and swing it up to clear the locking tab. The spring clip will then swing back (towards you) and the bulb is now free. It is held by the spring pressure only, so once the spring is out of the way it just comes right out. BTW the spring is held on its pivot point on the left side, the part you press forward and up is on the right side. I'm remembering the left bulb when I say this. My references to left/right and front/back are from the you sitting in the driving position

Do some searches, this topic has been brought up several times, usually because the connector can be a biatch to release from the bulb. The squeeze technique seems to work for most.

If you have big hands your gonna curse some.... :pissed:

Oh and the bulbs are standard H4 bulbs available at any car parts store.

Brian

• Member Contributer

Yep. What ^^HE^^ said.

I broke a tab or two before I figured out that the connectors must be squeezed.

Archived