Delkevic CF "Stubby" Installed (pics)

Guest Toppers

Guest Toppers

Here is the pipe I broke down and bought for my 5th gen. $226 to my door. Very nice looking, great build quality to this 350mm long pipe But, I got shorted one clamp (doesn't everyone?) Please fix this Delkevic already this is a 3 year old problem I keep reading about....annoying. Anyways they are sending another clamp but I would like to ride it tomorrow when the copper sealant dries. +1 on Delkevic customer service by the way.

1) Is it safe to ride without the clamp from silencer to mid pipe?

2) How do you remove the baffle? I took the screw out and tugged on the baffle with everything, what's the trick?

post-938-076450900 1280204375_thumb.jpg

post-938-025345300 1280204386_thumb.jpg

Go to Lowes and get a hose clamp, till the ss clamp gets there..... One for a 5" to be safe.... The pic doesn't show but I think you have a strap around the muffler, if so you should be ok.... but I would rather have the clamp on as well.

OOP's, I see the clamp, i'd do the Lowes thing 1st...... It's possible to work loose......

Cool thanks I'll do that. Do you need to seal that joint too?

If it fits tight I wouldn't bother, you'll find reasons to be removing that part once and awhile.... I've never had a problem with it leaking sound.... Not only does that look cool.... It is cool, at least it won't get hot enough to burn you....

I rode it to the store to get a hose clamp for the pipe. Damn, does it sound sweet. I can already tell I won't need to use earplugs on long rides, or put the baffle in after hours....it is just right. Well until I can get a better camera, here is a clip from the Iphone cam.

IMG_0804.MOV

I rode it to the store to get a hose clamp for the pipe. Damn, does it sound sweet. I can already tell I won't need to use earplugs on long rides, or put the baffle in after hours....it is just right. Well until I can get a better camera, here is a clip from the Iphone cam.

Looks sweet.....

Archived