Handlebar risers

Guest taj8250

Guest taj8250

So I've been doing some searching on "raising the bar" and it seems like most people have gone with Helibars and are satisfied. I was actually thinking of going with the Convertibars because you could bring them up 3" if you got the longer brake/clutch/throttle lines. Called them today and a recording said they were in the middle of some Probate Court proceeding and were currently not taking/shipping orders...great, I wonder why? I guess if I still wanted 'em, some internet site still has 'em in stock somewhere, but how to do you go about finding the correct longer lines? Anyone know?

If you love your Helibars please chime in. Or if you hate 'em can I ask why? I'm gettin ready for my first long ride and am trying to make it as PAIN free as possible.

• Member Contributer

So I've been doing some searching on "raising the bar" and it seems like most people have gone with Helibars and are satisfied. I was actually thinking of going with the Convertibars because you could bring them up 3" if you got the longer brake/clutch/throttle lines. Called them today and a recording said they were in the middle of some Probate Court proceeding and were currently not taking/shipping orders...great, I wonder why? I guess if I still wanted 'em, some internet site still has 'em in stock somewhere, but how to do you go about finding the correct longer lines? Anyone know?

If you love your Helibars please chime in. Or if you hate 'em can I ask why? I'm gettin ready for my first long ride and am trying to make it as PAIN free as possible.

I've used the Convertibars for years now and I really like them. My bike was hit (by an SUV) the other day and although the clutch lever was completly bent and the bar ends (Throttlemeister) was scratched, the Convertibars held up 100%. They did not move in position either. Very solid piece of equiptment. By the way, you don't need to order the longer lines to get the max up and max back (toward you) setting- just a bit of re-routing of the lines.

VFRMike.

post-445-001512700 1279319844_thumb.jpg

post-445-005188200 1279319966_thumb.jpg

• Member Contributer

I put on the HeliBars about a week ago and have only put on about 200 miles since. The change was not a dramatic as I thought it would be, but then I didn't find the standard position that bad and was regularly doing 300 to 400 mile days without pain. I'll get a better idea after a long ride.

Guest taj8250

Well I really want the Convertibars. Apparently the owner of the company died so they are in a bit of a legal limbo. Nationwide backorder. Found a set on Ebay though, just waiting on the seller to confirm that he has them in hand. Fingers crossed!

If you want to know what a heli bar is like, raise your stock clipons out of their detent and twist them forward. The only difference is the healies are also 1inch futher back.

The vfr has alot of adjustability if you use it. Buyy a set of heli and a good seat, vfr is set for life

Edited by spud786