Exhaust gut

Guest Cogs69

Guest Cogs69

I am limited to what I have available to me in terms of the exhaust guts I have read on the forum. I was looking at the tools I have to my disposal and was wondering what the minds on this forum think about this approach. I have a nice new shiny Milwaukee 1/2" drill. I do not have a dremel nor a welder. So I was thinking, if I get a 1" drill bit from sears Sears Drill Bitand take my time, would it chew the pipe all the way back to where I want? I read the sticky about the counter sink, but the pics are broken on both my work and home computer and I couldn't find the bit he was talking about. Any negative thoughts on why my approach wouldn't work? I'm being impatient, and don't want to spend a lot of money on tools I don't need for anything else. Any opinions are appreciated.

• Member Contributer

I am limited to what I have available to me in terms of the exhaust guts I have read on the forum. I was looking at the tools I have to my disposal and was wondering what the minds on this forum think about this approach. I have a nice new shiny Milwaukee 1/2" drill. I do not have a dremel nor a welder. So I was thinking, if I get a 1" drill bit from sears Sears Drill Bitand take my time, would it chew the pipe all the way back to where I want? I read the sticky about the counter sink, but the pics are broken on both my work and home computer and I couldn't find the bit he was talking about. Any negative thoughts on why my approach wouldn't work? I'm being impatient, and don't want to spend a lot of money on tools I don't need for anything else. Any opinions are appreciated.

Borrow the tools!

I went in with the drill bit technique and like the change in tone. The only trouble is there is a rattle. I think there is a small piece that has settled in there. I can only hear it if I rev it while I'm off the bike but I still know its there.

I went in with the drill bit technique and like the change in tone. The only trouble is there is a rattle. I think there is a small piece that has settled in there. I can only hear it if I rev it while I'm off the bike but I still know its there.

Did you do it like I'm suggesting or with the counter sink described in the other thread? Dipping the bit in grease so the metal pieces will stick works. I have used that on other projects to prevent shavings from falling in areas.

• Member Contributer

Oh man, I think it would work, but you'd have to drill through a couple of inches of pipe, included hard welds... Won't be easy (but then again, neither is fitting in there a 1" hole saw and dremeling it out). If you try it and it worked well, let us know!

Archived