6th Gen Factory Bags and Microns...

billyjackjimbob

• Member Contributer

Now with pictures!

http://www5.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=1325320027/PictureID=43678388027/a=2078151027_2078151027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

http://www5.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=1325320027/PictureID=44609981027/a=2078151027_2078151027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

http://www5.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=1325320027/PictureID=44623908027/a=2078151027_2078151027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

http://www5.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=1325320027/PictureID=43678394027/a=2078151027_2078151027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Some background. When I bought my 07 RWB I bought the factory bags to go along with it. Foolishly I also bought Micron pipes (which I love) without first checking the forum. End result, factory bags sitting in my garage for three years without ever being taken out of the packaging. With the arrival of the 7th gen at my local dealership slated for today I decided this was the time to either shit or get off the pot with my vision of the current bike when I bought it.

Choosing to take the more responsible road I'm keeping my 07 till she's paid off at least and I can pay cash for anything else I ad to the stable. A friend of mine offered to help. Basically, we heated the mounting brackets with a torch and opened them up. Works like a charm. Final touch will be to touch them up with a little flat black. No more strapping bags to the rear seat with cargo nets and feeling like a fool because the factory bags were just sitting there... Many who had not seen them in person were beginning to question my honesty. They are on and work great and I still have my beloved Microns!

Kevin

Pics will be added tomorrow... it's really late.

Some background. When I bought my 07 RWB I bought the factory bags to go along with it. Foolishly I also bought Micron pipes (which I love) without first checking the forum. End result, factory bags sitting in my garage for three years without ever being taken out of the packaging. With the arrival of the 7th gen at my local dealership slated for today I decided this was the time to either shit or get off the pot with my vision of the current bike when I bought it.

Choosing to take the more responsible road I'm keeping my 07 till she's paid off at least and I can pay cash for anything else I ad to the stable. A friend of mine offered to help. Basically, we heated the mounting brackets with a torch and opened them up. Works like a charm. Final touch will be to touch them up with a little flat black. No more strapping bags to the rear seat with cargo nets and feeling like a fool because the factory bags were just sitting there... Many who had not seen them in person were beginning to question my honesty. They are on and work great and I still have my beloved Microns!

Kevin

About time! :P

• Member Contributer

Pics will be added tomorrow... it's really late.

Kevin

About time! :P

NO SHIT! I would have had it done sooner but my really handy, mod making, fire puttin' outter', riding buddy moved off from Richmond, KY for some very FLAT place... although it is warm year round... LOL

Kevin

Archived