What mufflers can I use on a 83 VF750F

Guest 683

I cant find any after market cans listed as being for a VF750F. Do you know if there are some out there that will fit/work?

I would assume that you can pretty much use any can you want as long as it fits but then again I have assumed wrong in the past..

Lee

• Member Contributer

well yes and no.. you can make anything work .. if your willing to play a little bit..

cobra did make some nice f1 pipes back in the day.. ..do you have a pal who weld?

the reason i ask.. if you find some pipes you like.. you may need to weld on a addapoter..or some spring loops to the headers..

and then you may need to play with the carbs..

Guest vfrrider

OK, here's the easy way to make ANYTHING fit.

1. Take off your present connector pipe (if any). You can get it duplicated at almost any muffler shop from aluminized steel by a decent pipe bender. Just make sure the bends are at the same place, same OD, and is round.

2. Find a can(s) you like with separate hanger strap(s). Make sure your incoming ID is right for your connector pipe OD.

3. Loosely fit it up to your bike and slide pipe, can and straps in place. Make sure it all fits and tighten.

It is entirely poosible to fit other stock cans to your bike, if you can get the connector pipe to fit.

Sounds too easy to work, but it does. I've done it several times. Look it my gallery, those are NOT stock pipes. Neither are the set in my parts closet for touring.

Try it.

Larry

VFRrider