6,127mi/4,933mi front/rear on a set of Pilot Powers

jaimev34

• Member Contributer

Just finished my first set of Pilot Powers. Got another set of PPs installed today. The wear was almost even across the profile, except for the extreme edges, which had some tread left. The sides were as worn as the center, since I don't use my bike for commuting. Amazing grip in the twisties during entire life of tires. I'm a little disappointed in the short life of the front, although I guess 6000 + miles isn't too bad. Will probably switch to a longer lasting set of tires after this pair of PPs; maybe Pilot Road 2s, although I'm not a huge fan of that tire's profile. I may go with a single compound tire since the centers of my tires don't wear faster than the sides. If I get a dual compound tire, the center will be practically new and the sides will be worn: had this happen on a set of PR2s.

The verdict: as many others have stated, this is an awesome tire.

I avg. 2200 miles on a PP rear! :rolleyes:

3200 miles on a PR2 rear. Slap a PR2 rear on with a PP front and they'll ware closer to one to one! :fing02:

ps I've heard others getting 10k from them! :blink:

After reading all the comments I ordered a set and had them installed the other day. I love the feeling of new tires front and rear at the same time. I probably could have rolled another 2K on the rear but wanted that ride on a rail feeling. I hope I get the miles out of them, I'm pretty tame on the road so might.

Archived