Any reputable painters in San Diego/L.A. area?

jaimev34

• Member Contributer

I may be buying a used BMW R1150RTP. It's got the police colors, so that's got to go. Does anyone know of a good painter? I live in San Diego County, and I'm looking for a good painter in the area. I'd be willing to go all the up to LA County if need be. Also, what's the going rate for paint work? I know there are many factors, but is $500 too low an amount to expect? Probably won't be doing anything to fancy, just solid color throughout.

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

I've used Santini's Paint and Body in Westminster CA on a number of occassions. They do fantastic work and they're really nice guys but it's more of a specialty shop, so it might not be the best solution if you're just going for a solid color.

7416 Westminster Boulevard

Westminster, CA 92683-4240

(714) 891-8895

santiniusa.com

Their website appears to be under construction, but they have thousands of pictures to look at if you go into their shop.

Good luck!

Hey Jaime, I just live over in Vista, we should go riding, or at least get a beer heh!

I think its called Cafaros, it is out in Escondido, across from North County Cycle Salvage up above the Auto Park. He quoted my buddy $250 to fix and respray a couple pieces off his 4th gen, so I would suspect that a full respray w/ out any fixing would be about $500. He does work for Cycle Salvage occasionally and it looks really sharp!

Archived