Beaded seat covers

Guest danmurphymn

Guest danmurphymn

I'm wanting to do something to improve the long distance comfort of my 03, as well as increase air circulation. I am comfortable calling myself a sweaty pig, it's just in my genes, so any improved comfort and air flow in my sweaty hiney is wonderful. I've already spent more than what I told my "loan officer" would have thought I would on my new bike so I'm looking for economy ideas. I've thought of buying a second seat, modding it with new foam and all but am not convinced that it would be better.

Where do I get these seat beads for a vfr? Also, I've heard you can just go buy them at wal mart, cut them down to the size of the seat and make them youself this way. Does anyone know how to do this?

Guest terryinfla

Try beadrider.com. I bought mine for a trip from Florida to Deals Gap and and back and loved them. Makes the seat harder, kinda like sitting on a bench but comfortable at the same time. You can really feel the airflow and they make moving around in the saddle pretty easy. If you don't like the look they are easy to take off when you are not in the saddle and I think the price was 25 or 30 bucks including shipping.

• Member Contributer

Try beadrider.com. I bought mine for a trip from Florida to Deals Gap and and back and loved them. Makes the seat harder, kinda like sitting on a bench but comfortable at the same time. You can really feel the airflow and they make moving around in the saddle pretty easy. If you don't like the look they are easy to take off when you are not in the saddle and I think the price was 25 or 30 bucks including shipping.

How do you attach the one from beadrider? Last year, I bought one from Whitehorse Press, and when I attached it by removing the seat and hooking the hooks together underneath, I couldn't get the seat back on the bike. I'm wondering if the ones from beadrider have flatter hooks, or attach in some other way. These sure sound like a good idea.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

I have one from beadrider that I tried a couple of times on my old vtec. No prob with seat attachment. $25 shipped conus Definitely new condition.

Guest terryinfla

How do you attach the one from beadrider? Last year, I bought one from Whitehorse Press, and when I attached it by removing the seat and hooking the hooks together underneath, I couldn't get the seat back on the bike. I'm wondering if the ones from beadrider have flatter hooks, or attach in some other way. These sure sound like a good idea.

Thanks!

There are no hooks it is one piece of bungie cord with a small platic clamp (like those used on some boot laces) you use to take up the slack. I have had no problems using it on my VFR, Ninja or Road king.

• Member Contributer

Thanks!

There are no hooks it is one piece of bungie cord with a small platic clamp (like those used on some boot laces) you use to take up the slack. I have had no problems using it on my VFR, Ninja or Road king.

Thanks for the info! :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

I have one from beadrider that I tried a couple of times on my old vtec. No prob with seat attachment. $25 shipped conus Definitely new condition.

Pics of it installed on a vtec seat are now in the classifieds.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/58098-fs-beaded-seat-cover/