Leo Vince or WTwo Brothers for 6th Gen VFR?

blackbrainedjohnny

• Member Contributer

I have 2bro on my 6th gen. LOVE the sound. I can't compare to Leo except what I heard on youtube. I got a feeling either way you will be happy. You can find sounds from both on youtube if you are interested.

• Member Contributer

I am wondering if there are any advantages or disadvantages between the two. I can't afford a Staintune and want the beefiest sound I can get. Is one throatier than the other?

I have Leo Vince... Love the sound--much deeper than stock. Looks and quality of finish is beautiful. Installation was easy... I even like them better w/o the baffles. I can't tell you which is better though--never heard bad things about 2Bros either???

post-17666-126669121438_thumb.jpg

I also have the Leos and absolutely love them. I immediately took the baffles out when I got them and havent looked back. After about 1k miles they sound really really really awesome. I was actually just the tiniest bit disappointed when I first fired it up, but now Im crazy about them! Leos all the way!

gallery_13455_5204_208958.jpg

IMG_1414_1.jpg

• Member Contributer

I've heard them both, and Infidel said it best. You're going to be happy one way or the other as both sound much better than stock. Sound is a matter of personal taste, but for me the 2Bro's sounded louder and harsher. LV's sounded deeper and more mellow. YMMV. Be aware of the dummy can on the 2Bros setup as that bothers some.

I've heard them both, and Infidel said it best. You're going to be happy one way or the other as both sound much better than stock. Sound is a matter of personal taste, but for me the 2Bro's sounded louder and harsher. LV's sounded deeper and more mellow. YMMV. Be aware of the dummy can on the 2Bros setup as that bothers some.

I would have to agree as well. I was in the same debate before I got the Two Brothers exhaust! I don't mind the dummy can as I have swapped the cans after around 5000 mile so the look the same on the bike.

I've been told by lots of different people that vfr800 sounds awesome with the exhaust that i'm running. Only a few people noticed that one one works. :comp13:

• 1 month later...

I am wondering if there are any advantages or disadvantages between the two. I can't afford a Staintune and want the beefiest sound I can get. Is one throatier than the other?

I have Leo Vince... Love the sound--much deeper than stock. Looks and quality of finish is beautiful. Installation was easy... I even like them better w/o the baffles. I can't tell you which is better though--never heard bad things about 2Bros either???

Which Leo Vince pipes are those? I can't seem to find the ones with the conical ends like that.

• Member Contributer

Which Leo Vince pipes are those? I can't seem to find the ones with the conical ends like that.

Here is what I have from the Leo Vince USA website: http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/search.php?Model=VFR%20800%20V4%20V-TEC&Make=HONDA&Year=2004

I should note that I have the carbon. Also, the silencers out of them in the above picture...They are round tubes that just barely stick out of the conical ends when in however I don't plan on using them much...

Does this system remove the cat on the VFR or do you need a "full system" with a race header for that? I'm new to the board and the bike, but LOVE the Vince's!

I think the carbon sound different than Alum or stainless.. I've heard Leo alum compared to my Leo carbons sitting next to each other there is a slight tone difference. The carbons are deeper and more mello, the alum are higher pitch and sharper. Both sound great but still different. I think the TB's are louder and I'm not running the baffles in my Leo's. I got the carbon but mainly so they wouldn't burn my bags. They don't get near as hot as alum or stainless.

post-19162-127087319766_thumb.jpg

• Member Contributer

Does this system remove the cat on the VFR or do you need a "full system" with a race header for that? I'm new to the board and the bike, but LOVE the Vince's!

AFAIK, only 2 brothers makes a full race header, and it is EXTREMELY rare.

So, to remove the Cat, simply find OEM headers or buy a non OEM header made for 98-99 VFR's as these fit 2000-2009 VFRs. Delkevic is one company that makes an aftermarket header, the verdict is still out on whether or not these fit as well as OEM headers.

Here is what I have from the Leo Vince USA website: http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/search.php?Model=VFR%20800%20V4%20V-TEC&Make=HONDA&Year=2004

I should note that I have the carbon. Also, the silencers out of them in the above picture...They are round tubes that just barely stick out of the conical ends when in however I don't plan on using them much...

Awesome! Thanks very much! smile.gif I'm assuming that the $800 price tag is for two pipes yes?

Did you have to do much cutting?

I've done slip ons on other bikes before, but never a dual undertail setup like on the VFR. Does it block off one pipe or are they both used?

• Member Contributer

Did you have to do much cutting?

I've done slip ons on other bikes before, but never a dual undertail setup like on the VFR. Does it block off one pipe or are they both used?

No cutting, fabbing, etc. strictly bolt on. You'll need to remove the license plate fender assembly for clearance to remove the stock cans, install the new pipes, and then reinstall the fender; unless, of course, you add a fender eliminator kit. I also removed the right passenger peg bracket for more work room. I liked the look and don't carry passengers so I removed them both. Tip: use anti-seize on all joints. This will make adjustments while fine tuning the fitment much easier and later on down the road if you want to remove it for cleaning.

gallery_611_2314_56639.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

gallery_611_2314_71270.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

gallery_611_2314_46851.jpg

no sticky 2.jpg

gallery_611_2314_111769.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for the pics too, I see how the kit works now.

On every other bike I've done, it required cutting and the kit was only a slip on with a small midpipe. This makes much more sense now that I see it. Now the only decision is standard tips or conical tips. smile.gif

I don't think I'd be able to get away with losing the passenger pegs though. The GF would have my head on a pike. smile.gif

• Member Contributer

AFAIK, only 2 brothers makes a full race header, and it is EXTREMELY rare.

So, to remove the Cat, simply find OEM headers or buy a non OEM header made for 98-99 VFR's as these fit 2000-2009 VFRs. Delkevic is one company that makes an aftermarket header, the verdict is still out on whether or not these fit as well as OEM headers.

As luck would have it, there is a set of OEM non-cat headers for sale in the VFRD Market Place: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/59011-fs-9899-catless-headers/page__pid__699220__st__0entry699220

I think the carbon sound different than Alum or stainless.. I've heard Leo alum compared to my Leo carbons sitting next to each other there is a slight tone difference. The carbons are deeper and more mello, the alum are higher pitch and sharper. Both sound great but still different. I think the TB's are louder and I'm not running the baffles in my Leo's. I got the carbon but mainly so they wouldn't burn my bags. They don't get near as hot as alum or stainless.

You should think about having someone fabricate some brackets for your bags so you can eliminate the straps. i purchased a set of Chase Harper bags and it looks so clean since i eliminated the straps. I just added some masonite to the inside of the bags to make them more rigid.

post-19334-127145740994_thumb.jpg

post-19334-12714575497_thumb.jpg

post-19334-127145760002_thumb.jpg

post-19334-127145764628_thumb.jpg

Archived