Gauging Interest in Delkevic High Mount for 5th Gen

BrittC

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you purchase a high mount Delkevic?

• Member Contributer

After reading VFRBenny - Delkevic Muffler Installed! I emailed Delkevic with the comment that if they made a high mount muffler for the 5th gen at a great price, people would buy it. Below is their response....

Dear Britt,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding Delkevic products.

As it stands there are no plans to develop these, however if your forum was to show sufficient interest in these and could work with us then we would consider putting them into production. We have recently worked closely with the Honda ST1300 owners club in the USA to develop a pair of replacement exhaust silencers which was initiated about 9 weeks ago and the initial batch of 50 pairs should be completed within the next 10 days or so.

If you believe there is sufficient interest, we would require a minimum order of 25 units with a 50% deposit required prior to commencement.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Steven Lloyd

I'm not sure that I can commit to personally running a group buy at this moment (my 4th child was born 2 weeks ago and I'm swamped with work and a room addition) but I'm informally seeing what kind of interest is out there. I assume/hope(!) that their price on a high mount would be a little higher but still in the neighborhood of the low mount. Perhaps if the interest is there, we can get pricing from them.

Is there really so little interest in a high mount Delkevic for the 5th gen? Or has this topic just gone unnoticed?

It went unnoticed by me, but I've been working 12-16hr days all week.

I'd go for one as well!

If one was made available for the price of the regular delkevic system, I would probably be interested.

But, like many others, I also enjoy the pipe that I have now(erion) and would rather just buy a high mount pipe and reuse my can. I bet if someone made a batch of high mount pipes up, they would sell...heck maybe I could...hmmmm

Archived