Will Leo Vince Exhaust Fit With Factory Honda Saddlebags On 2007 Vfr800?

Guest sigeye

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can answer my question. Will Leo Vince exhaust fit with the factory Honda saddlebags on a 2007 VFR800? Anyone done this personally and better yet, do you have pictures?

Thanks!

Absolutely yes, with plenty of room and you will lose a lot of weight over oem.

See my gallery pics, LV with oem hardbags at 11,000 ft pikes peak, thanks Doug

colorado122.jpg

Did you guys have to remap the fuel injection system or did the stock system adjust properly? I'm really hoping I can get by without having to buy a Power Commander. FYI, I'm going to keep running the stock air filter and I'm low in elevation (Central Texas). Thoughts?

Thanks

• Member Contributer

I am running leo vince titaniums w/o baffle and no power commander pciii. It runs fine.

There is this "non-issue" of vtec transition that keeps coming up.

I can tell you that with the LV system my vtec transition is definitely more abrupt than with the stock exhaust, you notice it more.

Is it an issue? NO

Did I get used to it? YES

Am I happy with LV system and no pc3? YES

Does bike sound sweet and run strong thru all rpms? YES

Do I feel I need to spend the money on a pc3? NO...but I want to ride a well-mapped out bike on pc3 just to compare.

Buy the LV, bolt-on, see the pics on adding LV as directions are useless and pics did help me although is simple, pics made it easier.

you will be happy. :biggrin:

air filters IMO, stock and K&N is no difference in flow, I am running a K&N now.

The BMG? italian one may make more air flow as has a bigger surface.

Use stock until you need a new one and go for K & N

I am running leo vince titaniums w/o baffle and no power commander pciii. It runs fine.

There is this "non-issue" of vtec transition that keeps coming up.

I can tell you that with the LV system my vtec transition is definitely more abrupt than with the stock exhaust, you notice it more.

Is it an issue? NO

Did I get used to it? YES

Am I happy with LV system and no pc3? YES

Does bike sound sweet and run strong thru all rpms? YES

Do I feel I need to spend the money on a pc3? NO...but I want to ride a well-mapped out bike on pc3 just to compare.

Buy the LV, bolt-on, see the pics on adding LV as directions are useless and pics did help me although is simple, pics made it easier.

you will be happy. :biggrin:

air filters IMO, stock and K&N is no difference in flow, I am running a K&N now.

The BMG? italian one may make more air flow as has a bigger surface.

Use stock until you need a new one and go for K & N

Excellent, thanks for the tips!

Absolutely yes, with plenty of room and you will lose a lot of weight over oem.

See my gallery pics, LV with oem hardbags at 11,000 ft pikes peak, thanks Doug

colorado122.jpg

Nice! I have the same Leo Vince exhaust. What fender eliminator did you install?

By the way, I rode with the Leo Vince's and the stock EFI for awhile and felt the same way as you do. It works fine. But then I bought a PCIII and had a custom map made at a shop. Throttle response improved at low RPM and the VTEC transition is smoother. I also got slight gains in horsepower and torque, but not enough to notice.

You should ride my '04 sometime, Doug. I'm still running the stock pipes (w/K&N filter) but my PCIII and O2 eliminators made my VTEC transition butter smooth. It was never terrible in the first place, but it did make a difference on my bike.

If you're ever in NE Ohio...or I'm near Indy w/my bike - which isn't unheard of since my folks live in Anderson. wink.gif

• Member Contributer

My rear fender is an oem I sawed on, was able to move the plate higher up and trimmed fender down with some tin snips.

Yes, Would like to ride a mod bike pc3

right now I think my farkles/mods added up actually cost about what the bike did. Good thing I get good deals.

Will try to get out for one more big ride this year...then its time to fire up the polaris snowmo.

colorado140.jpg

• Member Contributer

Theoretically the catalytic converter is the point of highest backpressure in the system so adding an aftermarket exhaust will not cause a lean condition, however, these bikes run lean as it is, and some people have reported that an aftermarket exhaust did make the bike run too lean, whereas others noticed no difference. A lot of different factors, so your results may vary.

Archived