Clipons For 929/954 Mod Help Wanted/new Build Now Ensues..

kgsmotorcycles

• Member Contributer

So a few guys here have done the front end mod.. myself also.

Im gettin clearence issues with my clip ons.

I have a set of straight race clipons, but the master cylinders are hitting the clocks. but hope to use when i decide to add my ducati subframe....

Similar probs with the ducati 900ss items that have a riser on.. Looks like they are set forward of the forks also.

Thinking problem may be resoved with clipons that are on a riser and positioned further out rather than forward...

I know this must have been a problem for fellow modders out there... ???????

Solutions greatly accepted... :rolleyes:

Edited by B4D80Y

Try OnCycles.com I got mine from CycleCat, but that company is in the middle of a re-org. You can still get their products from OnCycles, good customer service and good products as well. I believe I got mine were for a suzuki Hayabusa. Hope that helps. You can always tell them what types of front front forks that you have and how much rise you want, and they can even make a combined/custom kit for you, as that's what they did for me. Hope that helps.

• Member Contributer
Try OnCycles.com I got mine from CycleCat, but that company is in the middle of a re-org. You can still get their products from OnCycles, good customer service and good products as well. I believe I got mine were for a suzuki Hayabusa. Hope that helps. You can always tell them what types of front front forks that you have and how much rise you want, and they can even make a combined/custom kit for you, as that's what they did for me. Hope that helps.

Thanks, they look good......

But for now ive started to strip front subframe and try out fitting me ducati 916 front subframe and go with the race clipons i have already.

Big job, yes...

Different '97 cbr900 clocks to go with also. Hope i can get them to all gel together ok...

• Member Contributer
Your project sounds very promising and interesting, please keep us posted on how she goes together!!!

Well... i got stuck in and have made inroads, no going back now. Just a shame it looks like ill prob loose me licence in 3 or so weeks for other misdemenors from over 2 years ago...(ill post up the video if i get hold, check police camera action.., vfr heavy :fing02: hmm) If licence goes i can still go racing, so here goes..

Anyway, progress so far is just a lay up, but im very happy with how things are sitting.

A few things need real work, the oil rad needs attention, would like to move it to under the water rad, but unsure how to cut n shut the oil pipes just yet..

Ill have to fabricate something simple to attatch 916 subframe proper as yet..

gallery_5025_556_141194.jpg

DSC00500.JPG

looking left on the last photo you might see the rear 916 bipisto rear subframe on spare vfr frame.... its ready to go, just wants the vfr under seat parts, battery, feul pump etc locating. But seeing as tho i have a aluminium race subframe to change when suits im thinking of fitting everything to the carbon undertray only, to aid either deul or single seat applications.

But, right now im busy with the front end....rolling chassis first ancilleries second..

Ive sourced some fireblade clocks, same era as vfr.... electronic speedo... might work, might not... havent tried yet.. Will try and fit first, check clearences. Looking good so far.. Then get stuck into wire work after...

gallery_5025_556_301952.jpg

Obviously lots to do still.. see if my cbr 929/954 brake/clutch units will replace the vfr ones..(clutch only showing here), but whats good for the NR750 might do for me.. will see eh..

DSC00502.JPG

Great work, really looking forward to see how it turns out. I picked up a pair of VTR master cylinders (same as your CBR units I think) and the reservoirs sit higher than the VFR, but I think the cylinder is about the same place so it probably won't help. I have a set of 929/954 clip ons and they put the handle bars about even or a little above the top triple so that just might give you enough room

gallery_12942_4385_459147.jpg

DSC01742.JPG

gallery_12942_4385_82259.jpg

DSC01745.JPG

Edited by mrmatt

Very cool indeed!!! Perhaps no license for a few weeks may be a good thing after all!!! I know when I start a project such as this, it becomes all consuming, where that's all I can think about, and anything else is just a distraction. When I installed my RC-51 tail section/subframe, I used all the RC parts, no VFR under seat/undertail/fender, whatever it is being called these days (it's hard for me to keep up on the lingo sometimes). For my tail swap project, all I had to do was fab up a few aluminum extensions, and from there it was a bolt on mod. I wanted to keep it bolt-on, no cutting or welding, just in case I didn't like it and wanted to go back to stock, however I do like it. Saved me 15 pounds of weight out back!!! Plus it looks really sharp in my opinion!!! Your front fairing appears to be Carbon, please, please leave it naked, it would be a shame to cover it up!!!