How To Run Cozye's Map On A Non Usb Pciii

Ryanme17

Question

• Member Contributer

I have a PCIII non-USB and I'd really like to run cozye's map, and figure out how to modify other maps to run on it. Does anyone know how to do this? Do I just have to change the file extension? And if so, how?

I'm running Windows Vista, because it came with the computer and I'm not too tech-savvy.

For now, I'll try copying it one cell at a time, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

7 answers to this question

Crap, PCIII non-usb adjusts every 500 RPM.

PCIII usb adjusts every 250. sad.gif

That's a map option on the USB models, standard mapping is still every 500rpm unless you change it to every 250.

Are the maps in a different format or do you just need a serial port? :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
Crap, PCIII non-usb adjusts every 500 RPM.

PCIII usb adjusts every 250. sad.gif

That's a map option on the USB models, standard mapping is still every 500rpm unless you change it to every 250.

Are the maps in a different format or do you just need a serial port? :rolleyes:

The USB maps are .djm files and the nonUSB maps are .map files. I'm not sure how to change a file extension, or if that would even work. So far, I couldn't get the PCIII USB program to communicate with the nonUSB device, and so I have to load them using the software for the nonUSB model. Perhaps if I changed the option to every 500 RPM...? Might be nice for future reference if I ever get catless headers.

But anyway, I just copied Cozye's map box by box over into the PCIII non-USB program. For the most part, the map translated fine, and the interpolations of the program will be correct. For example, if 1,000; 1250; and 1500 RPMs were changes of 0, 2, and 4. I would just put in 0 and 4 and the difference splits evenly. Every now and the I fudged the numbers by a percent (usually erring on the side of a richer AFR) to get it to look like it would be the same curve, if that makes sense. Either way, a percentage richer won't hurt anything.

Should I upload this for anyone else who wants to run Cozye's map on a nonUSB PCIII? If so, how do I do that?

The USB maps are .djm files and the nonUSB maps are .map files.

But anyway, I just copied Cozye's map box by box over into the PCIII non-USB program.

Should I upload this for anyone else who wants to run Cozye's map on a nonUSB PCIII? If so, how do I do that?

What a pain, but thanks! :rolleyes:

Just go to the download area and hit the ad a file button and it walks you through it! :angry:

• Member Contributer

Just go to the download area and hit the ad a file button and it walks you through it! :angry:

Tell me about it, I had the two programs open right next to each other and had to type it in box by box. But worth it! I'll check later if there is an easier way to convert them.

Got it, will upload it in a minute.

Tell me about it, I had the two programs open right next to each other and had to type it in box by box. But worth it! I'll check later if there is an easier way to convert them.

BTW I have a non-USB PCIII also that I've never installed, so I might be needing your map. It would be with catless headers also! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

BTW I have a non-USB PCIII also that I've never installed, so I might be needing your map. It would be with catless headers also! :goofy:

Cozye's map would probably be a little lean for Catless headers. Later while I'm playing with the programs trying to get them to work I'll use Tinymind's map as a guinea pig, and if it works, I can upload it or send it to you.

Archived