Power Commander

Guest Goosechef

Guest Goosechef

OK, I have just planted the PCIII and nowhere in teh directions did they mention the O2 eliminaters. I put it in as they said, and have yet to get it out to the road, but I would like to know the contribution removing them has. Will there be any negative effect running without removing them.

Any education on teh topic would be helpful. Thanks

• Member Contributer
OK, I have just planted the PCIII and nowhere in teh directions did they mention the O2 eliminaters. I put it in as they said, and have yet to get it out to the road, but I would like to know the contribution removing them has. Will there be any negative effect running without removing them.

Any education on teh topic would be helpful. Thanks

I ran mine for maybe 50 or so miles before adding the resistors. They keep your FI light from coming on. Mine did not come on at any point before I added the resistors.

After testing out a friend's PCII, I left the O2 sensor eliminators in. For the 18 months or so I ran the bike without the PCII and just the O2 sensor eliminators, it ran much better than with the sensors connected. Not perfect (a bit rich here'n'there, perhaps), but without the annoying lean surge, hesitation, etc.

Al they do is stop the ECU from running the bike in 'Closed Loop Mode', where the fueling is determined by monitoring the Air/Fuel ratio at low revs and small constant throttle openings. They basically fool the ECU into thinking that the fueling is OK, so it doesn't fiddle with it. This means instead of it being ultra-lean to satisfy ECC standards (hence the lean surge), and there being a brief hesitation as it switches from Closed Loop to mapped mode (awkward when going around slow-speed, tight corners), it runs mapped mode all the time.

Archived