Another Laser Exhaust ?

gza

• Member Contributer

Hello All,

I know its been a while since I have posted. No worries, still alive. :ph34r:

I am inching closer and closer to ordering the Laser exhausts. I found them and can prob get them in about a week. But my questions, after searching and finding no answers, is for those who have the lasers installed or know about them:

1) Any recommendations or things I should be aware of? (Any info is useful)

2) Do you run a power commander with the pipes?

3) Any issues with color changing, or tarnishing, or finish of the pipes?

4) How would rate the installation? (do I need to remove the rear wheel?)

Look forward to being more active on the forum. Still a rookie, but finally have hit 13000 miles on ym bike and I decided it will be with me for a very long time!

Thanks and look forward to the responses.

G

P.S. If anyone is near the Charlotte, NC area and would like to help me out by installing these bad boys, I have a stock set of pipes (brand new < than 100 miles) and a gutted and de-chromed set (formerly ProMeds) which are currently on the bike, if your interested. They sound good but its time for a change. As much as I would love to do some custom exhaust treatment, I do not know anyone off hand who can wield, bend pipes, etc. Plus I doubt I can get the fit/finish I am looking for.

Thanks again.

• Member Contributer

G,

I don't own a 6th gen, but I have a 6th gen tail section and I know a guy that can build you an exhaust system. He helped me with my frame and exhaust. PM me if interested. I can also give you a helping hand on your bike, I have done a little modding to mine 4th gen. My FV750

I also live in Mooresville (close to golf corse).

Travis

I've got the Lasers on my bike and love them :ph34r: Fit and finish is great as far as them corroding and tarnishing my bike stays out all season in all kinds of New England weather ( it is covered ) . As far as the install it was a piece of cake just normal hand tools and I put the bike on the center stand I left the wheel on but it may help to pull it. I went with a power commander but did ride it a few times without it and had no problems also I never put in the 02 elimanators still no issues after 2 years. Couple things to note though it has no heatshield so after a couple hundred miles it gets a little hot I going to have my machinist buddy Rob fab me something up the other things is have a buddy help with lining it up mine sits a little to the left. If you want I think I can dig out the installation manual scan it a e-mail it to you. Oh also I put the baffles in and kinda wish I would have left them out. If you want pics I've got those as well.

Archived