Exhaust Leak

Guest mrg001

Guest mrg001

hi all-

I have 92vfr, with TBR exhaust/mid pipe/headers and the can is a right exit high mount. I don't know anything about the system, it came with the bike when I got it a few years back. I recently changed the rear tire, and in changing it had to remove the can and move the mid pipe around (maybe should have removed it). Anyway, I now have an exhaust leak where the midpipe meets the headers. The clamp that is on there isn't doing the trick, and I don't want to put a sealant on there as I'm going to have to remove the midpipe whenever the rear tire is changed.

Has anyone had a problem like this? Any ideas on how to handle something like this? As I mentioned, I don't want to put a permanent seal or weld on it, as I need it to be flexible for future tire changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

I have a simimar TBR system for my '93. If you have torqued the fittings you might need to bring it to an exhaust shop and have them fit a new clamp to it.

I am looking for a TBR system like you have would you want to sell it?

I dont have that exhaust but I would assume there is a gasket at the connection of the midpipe and headers. Might need to replace it, its made of some sort of lead like material, fairly soft.

I'm a little surprised you had to touch it to get the rear wheel off...seems odd.

Archived