Bridgestone Battlax Bt-016

ShayneJack

Well, I'm getting an early birthday present. Rear rim powdercoated Titanium and a set of tires. I've been shopping around, the last set I had were the Dunlop RoadSmarts, which I loved. Got 8500 miles off the rear! But, it looks like I'm not going to be doing any long distance riding anytime soon... So I'm looking for something a little stickier, with less overall mileage... I have a little experience on the Dunlop Qualifiers, and thought I would lean in that direction. But when I was at the local Honda dealer this past week I noticed the new CBR1000R and GSXR1000 both were wearing the BT-016. I liked the look of the tires and the salesman (trust him as far as I could kick him) told me they are the "latest, greatest." So before I order them I figured I'd ask y'all if you've had any issues/concerns with them. Will be doing about 95% twisty mountain canyon roads and 5% straight-aways getting to them...

Thanks as always...

shaynej

ps. stock rear is 180/55 17. Would it make THAT big of a difference to go up to the 190/50 17? The Qualifer I was running on was a 190 and it felt more stable in the corners. But there's also a big difference between the RoadSmart and the Qualifier I imagine... Not really any reason to go bigger, just figured just a couple more MM to wear out on each side!

• Member Contributer

I think they're pretty good tires for the money. Sport Rider Magazine gave them some of the highest marks in the latest tire comparo. Don't expect them to last like sport touring tires though. They do seem to hold their shape pretty well even with some commuter miles. I've always liked the Bridgestone sport tires on my VFR.

Thanks Bob. Coming from you I'm going to go ahead and order them tomorrow. How did the rim work for you? I would think your bike handled quite a bit differently? Probably good enough to out handle a Ducati Desmosedici RR?? And perhaps well enough to run over a slimy reptile??? Very jeolous Bob, very jealous...

THIS is the best price I found on them when I bought mine for the track bike. I ride this S*&^ out of mine on the track and have nothing but confidence in them.

100_0203.jpg

100_0204.jpg

Just FYI the 016's that come stock on the bikes are not the same as the aftermarket 016's. Check THIS thread out as a reference.

Archived