Help Me Decide! You Will Know What's Best

Skopone24

Alright, I am looking at getting exhaust for my 2007. Staintunes would be great but I am not going to pay 1295.00 or 1000.00 for exhaust. I would love to have them but I think that is rediculous for that. I know that they are considered EXCALIBUR when it comes to VFR's. Used I would definately consider. I know I can get a set of used Staintunes for around 500.00. But you can get a new set of Scorpions or Leo's for about 600.00 dollars. I wish that there was some way that I could of got on the group buy a few years ago when that was going on. Help me decide. Your thoughts are well needed! Thanks. :blink:

I got in on the group buy for the LEO's the last time it was going on, i think (Oct. 07). I got the last set of Titanium pipes Leo Vince had left (they were discountinued). I really liked them a lot. Very nice growl to them, and I prefered the way they looked compared to the chrome look of the staintunes. I only had them on the bike for probably less than 1k miles before I sold them to another local vfrd member. I still regret having had to do that, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. After I sold them , I couldn't stand the bike on stock pipes, but I had no money, so I semi-gutted the stock pipes. Not quite as nice sounding as the LEO's, but pretty close, and basically all it cost me was some dremel bits. Can't beat that!

• Member Contributer
Alright, I am looking at getting exhaust for my 2007. Staintunes would be great but I am not going to pay 1295.00 or 1000.00 for exhaust. I would love to have them but I think that is rediculous for that. I know that they are considered EXCALIBUR when it comes to VFR's. Used I would definately consider. I know I can get a set of used Staintunes for around 500.00. But you can get a new set of Scorpions or Leo's for about 600.00 dollars. I wish that there was some way that I could of got on the group buy a few years ago when that was going on. Help me decide. Your thoughts are well needed! Thanks. :blink:

If someone told me to spend $800 RIGHT NOW I'd go buy a set of lasers. Mostly because I think that they look cool, though, kind of like an Agusta MV F4.

• Member Contributer

+1 on the Leo's, I think they look the best, sound really good and I got mine for a little over $630....I don't care too much for the Staintunes...they look to

"stock" for me. The Two bros, are ok, but the older version IMO looks cheesey to big, and I split on the Evos(i think) with the storage..Just one pipe smoking, not sure how I would feel about it!

Just my $0.02 :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Leos and Scorpions sound great for the price. They both growl, without being too loud.

Devils have great sound too. They are out of France. Both the Devil Magnums and Racers are around $800. The Magnums are bigger with a deeper tone, the Racers have a higher pitch growl and a loud scream at high end rpm.

Remus sound great, but are a more expensive than the Leos and Scorpions.

Lasers look really cool sincew they are different than most people see, plus they are pretty loud.

Two Bros sound good too. You may be able to find these for a good price (650-850), but beware of the fake canister. You may be essentially buying one canister for the price of two. The fake one is used for storage.

I've seen people buying Yosh and fitting them to their VFRs.

I have Micron cf on my 02, but it is doubtful if you could find these. They are discontinued. If you find them, grab them though, because you may get a great set of pipes for the discontinued price. I paid $850 for mine before they were discontinued. They are awesome. A deep growl at idle and low rpm, and a loud, mean, deeper scream at high rpms.

Or there is always gutting your stock.

I suggest you do as much research as possible. There are sound clips on the forums, exhaust websites, and youtube of every kind of exhaust on the VFR. In most cases, they are all fairly easy to install yourself.

Get a set of catless headers, and you'll really get the best sound from those exhausts. (Motad or 98-99 VFR headers).

Archived