Heat Tape/wrap On Coolant Hose

Ranger77

Question

• Member Contributer

Was changing my oil and never hit me that the bottom hose of the right rad runs right close to the front pipes. It gets hot in texas and every little cooling mod helps.

Ya'll think putting some heat resistant tape/wrap on the hose will help keep the heat off the hose while sitting at red lights or riding in super slow traffic?

2 answers to this question

Was changing my oil and never hit me that the bottom hose of the right rad runs right close to the front pipes. It gets hot in texas and every little cooling mod helps.

Ya'll think putting some heat resistant tape/wrap on the hose will help keep the heat off the hose while sitting at red lights or riding in super slow traffic?

Interesting question, never thought about that. It certainly couldn't hurt to wrap the hose, probably

could use some of that aluminum foil covered insulation tape you wrap water pipes with in winter to

protect against freezing. But I'm also thinking why not insulate the header pipes themselves using

that heat-resistant wrap seen on modded bikes? Yeah, it's ugly as hell but it might offer better overall

protection. Just a thought.

Ranger ,I have an 00 VFR and I have 3m heat resistant tape wherever the pipes come close to the coolent hoses. I did not over -do it ,but every little bit helps. I have the

3M p/n somewhere and I would be glad to get it for you if you feel the need. I also have some reflective tape that one of buds who works for a Nascar team gave me.

Its used in areas where they are trying to reflect heat away from the drivers. eddie

Archived