2bro's Vale

Guest thedrunknmastr

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone ever hooked up the 2nd slipon? Did it decrease performance at all?

I was thinking the same thing as Im shopping for new pipes right now ...... love the looks but the question is .... is the left can a real muffler or is it just for show ?

the reason for asking is that I can have the second can hooked up and working by a shop here and it would look like TBR built it

but only if the left can is the real deal ( not looking for performance just good sound and looks )

( sorry I didnt do a search )

I thought the second can was a storage container.

i believe thats the 'Stash' exhaust

2bros_02_vfr_stash_bike_300.jpg

the one i think that drunknmastr is referring to and the one im looking at is the 'V.A.L.E.' system

2bros_VFR800_dual_view.jpg

• Member Contributer

I thought it was a storage container too. So I don't think you can hook it up to the real can and expect it to last too long. According to 2Bros, you'd lose hp, but they don't say how much.

I'm shopping for an aftermarket exhaust too, and it's on my list. I'd like to toss the other 'can' for the weight savings. Anyone who has it know 'bout how much it weighs? But I can't imagine what the one-sided exhaust would look like.

I bought this system without reading the fine print :warranty: and was really annoyed that one can is just a "dummy can" :unsure:

it really bothered me for awhile knowing one was just not contributing :rolleyes:

But now i don't even think about it, IMO they are the best looking slip ons of the lot (obviously a personal choiuce) and they do sound very nice :wub:

So once you get your head around it they are great.

would prefer they both work but that aint going to happen

I thought it was a storage container too. So I don't think you can hook it up to the real can and expect it to last too long. According to 2Bros, you'd lose hp, but they don't say how much.

I'm shopping for an aftermarket exhaust too, and it's on my list. I'd like to toss the other 'can' for the weight savings. Anyone who has it know 'bout how much it weighs? But I can't imagine what the one-sided exhaust would look like.

You have to have it because your left with a big ugly void other wise. The weight saving would be neglegible

• Member Contributer
You have to have it because your left with a big ugly void other wise. The weight saving would be neglegible

Yeah, I thought it might look pretty rough. Anyone want to take theirs off and take some pics? :rolleyes:

Every lb/kg counts to me. One of my very few complaints about the VFR is that it's overweight. Any way I can lighten the load, I'm all for. Aftermarket exhaust is as good a place to start as any. I assume headers will get even more weight savings.

Don't quote me but i weighed the original pipes i think there was a 5 kg difference (or was that the blackbird??) i dunno all i know is the TB are significantly lighter than the originals.

And no sorry i wouldn't like to take mine off, im just too lazy :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
Don't quote me but i weighed the original pipes i think there was a 5 kg difference (or was that the blackbird??) i dunno all i know is the TB are significantly lighter than the originals.

And no sorry i wouldn't like to take mine off, im just too lazy :warranty:

Yeah, I made a custom D&D 4-1 setup setup a few years back. The only time the left dummy bothered me was on cold startups when only the right can had a vapor trail. :rolleyes:

gallery_611_303_71630.jpg

On my second set, I used the stock mid-pipe with two termignoni's.

gallery_611_303_13005.jpg

I'd make REAL sure that the 2bros left can has the necessary internals (real baffleling, etc) to do this.

If you get the VALE system the cans are exactly the same. You could easily hook up both cans if you wanted too. I've seen one done here locally and didn't like the work that shop did. I have seen pictures of it done well and you can't tell it was not supposed to be that way. From a performance standpoint, I'm not sure you would gain anything. Mine was already on the bike when I bought it and the non-functioning can bothered me for about a week. Now I don’t really notice it. If I could find some proof that linking up the second can would make a difference in performance I’d probably do it.

Action

Archived