Got A Remus From Maxmoto

tdchonda1

• Member Contributer

Just wanted to let everyone know I just got a Remus carbon high mount for my 94 VFR. and LOVE the look & sound!

I ordered it from Exoticsportbike.com on 11/19. I called them a few times to see if I could get a tracking number, (I never got one). On 12/8 I got it YES!!! Well when I opened it the can was for the left side, I was sooo looking forward to hearing this thing. Well I called Exotic and told them what I had, (they put me on hold for 27 mins) then told me I should just talk to MAXMOTO where they got it from.

Now this is why I am telling you all this..... I spoke with Patrick from MAXMOTO, I told him what I had and he was kept telling me sorry for the mix up. He is taking care of it and even called me back to tell me they were sorry again and sent me a few things.

So if you are thinking on getting a REMUS call Patrick at MAXMOTO . I told him about VFRD and he said that he has heard good things about this site.

I'll post some pictures when the weather gets a little better.

• 3 months later...
Will he sell to us or do we have to use a distributor? Group buy time...

I have to chime in here re: Maxmoto and Patrick. I don't like to flame people unless they deserve it and well, he deserves it IMO. Or perhaps it's his boss that deserves it but here's what happened...

I have an 03 VFR and wanted to order the exhaust they have for my bike. Here's the twist: On their site they show only ONE exhaust avail. for a 6th gen, but if you look out there at sites like pipecity.com or sporttour.com as well as every VFR forum gallery available, they have several different styles, most notably indicated by the endcap design and finishes/logos.

If you look on their site: http://www.remususa.com/epages/remus.sf/en...volution_SlipOn , you can clearly see that they have a different pipe fitted on the bike than they do in the detail images below it, showing different finishes.

First of all, I've never seen a VFR with the can shown on the bike on their site. I HAVE however seen 6th gens with the cans shown in the detail pics below (most often the titanium). See here for ex: http://www.sporttour.com/honda/Remus02VFR800.jpg

So, I contacted Patrick at Maxmoto through my local shop who orders all things motorcycle for me. Patrick said they had discontinued the carbon fiber but he could make me a deal on the flat black. SO, I looked at the site, saw the image of the pipe in flat black, and said that's what I want.

Several days later the pipe shows up and to my extreme disappointment it's the pipe shown on the VFR, with the ugly lip on the outlet pipe, but anodized to a flat black with a shiny almost chromed outlet pipe w/ the same nasty lip on it! When we called to complain and send back, he said that the image on the site clearly shows the style of the canister. To this I can somewhat agree, but the same page also shows a different style muffler directly below it and nowhere on the page does it say: THESE IMAGES SOLELY TO ILLUSTRATE THE AVAILABLE FINISHES, BUT DO NOT ILLUSTRATE THE STYLE OF MUFFLER. Add to this all the images I've seen of the Remus exhaust, such as the link listed above http://www.sporttour.com/honda/Remus02VFR800.jpg and even on youtube

have the style of muffler pictured in the detail images for the 6th gen VFR, leading me to believe that THIS is the only Remus muffler offered.

When we said we were going to send it back and get a refund, he obliged with the refund but charged a hefty restocking fee AND made me pay for return shipping!

So I cannot agree that Patrick, or perhaps his boss, are stand up people. Buyer beware. Task one for them should be to clearly represent the product they are selling. All would have been fine, a misunderstanding, if it werent for the restock fees and shipping I had to pay.

Archived