Bridgestone Bt-016

maddog

CycleGear is having its annual pre-Halloween sale and is offering BT-016 f/r for ~$190.

Not ever having used these (been running Pirelli Diablos), can anyone offer their experience with these tires, in particular on a 5th gen? Are they dual compound?

Sounds like a good deal to me, as a set of decent tires for under $200 is getting harder to come by.

I have no personal exp. , but was told by another rider who had about 2500 miles on his that he liked them very well. The rear he said was a triple compound while the front was a double compound. They looked to be pretty sticky because everything he rolld over in the parking lot was stuck to his tire.

I did some research on them and they look good. They are I believe new this year. Rear is triple compound and the Front is dual. Looking to try something new and from Bridgestone would be cool. Go Stoner !!!!

I went to the CycleGear website and didn't see the sale. I went to www.cyclegear.com. Is it a different place ?

Christian

I have one as my rear tire. It was purchased since the dealership didn't have Michelin Pilot Roads that came on the bike originally. I've been riding with it for about a year, and the only complaint I have is that it was slick as hell for the first few hundred miles. Since the edges have been roughed up, I haven't had any more problems with the rear end sliding around.

I just ordered a set.

I have used the 014 it replaces. They are soft sticky sport tires. If you ride to the tire's edge they help you stick to the road and disappear quickly. Similar to the Pilot Power 2ct I expect.

Being dual and triple compounds maybe I can get a little more than 6k/3k miles front/rear.

I have used 014 front 020 rear and now Pilot power 2ct front Pilot Road 2 rear.

A sport tire front and sport touring rear is a great combination for aggressive long distance riding.

The reviews are good on the 016 and expect I will like them. With $100 off I can live with the short life of the rear tire.

I have one as my rear tire. It was purchased since the dealership didn't have Michelin Pilot Roads that came on the bike originally. I've been riding with it for about a year, and the only complaint I have is that it was slick as hell for the first few hundred miles. Since the edges have been roughed up, I haven't had any more problems with the rear end sliding around.

Are you sure you have BT016? I did not think they were available a year ago and should stick like glue out of the box.

Sounds more like the BT021 which would be comprable to the Pilot Road.

Archived