17" Laptop Tail Bag Options

Guest ElSolrac

Guest ElSolrac

Hi guys I need someway to cary my Dell XPS 1730M which is 16x12x2 I would like something that I can remove fairly easily and have enuff spce to put the laptop in it...I willing to get a Givi mount, any suggestions?

• Member Contributer

Check out luggage locker. They make a tank bag that will hold a laptop. That's about the only thing I found that will hold mine. I haven't bought one yet, so I can't speak to the quality, but I'm gonna try one soon. LINKY

That is to small it is only 13x15 thanks for the advise tho.. I hope someone else can chime in.

Check out luggage locker. They make a tank bag that will hold a laptop. That's about the only thing I found that will hold mine. I haven't bought one yet, so I can't speak to the quality, but I'm gonna try one soon. LINKY

• Member Contributer

I've had the same problem.

Although not a tailbag you can probably figure out some way to mount one of these Not too sure if it'll fit yours if it's thick but it says it'll fit my Macbook Pro.

I've had the same problem.

Although not a tailbag you can probably figure out some way to mount one of these Not too sure if it'll fit yours if it's thick but it says it'll fit my Macbook Pro.

I tried that one it was tiny :-( I am using a k swiss today doesn't seem bad. May try to test the Axio Fluke or Hybrid.

Guest vfrrider

Its not a tail bag, but could be.

Axio backpack, made for laptops, great looking, a little pricy but all over Ebay.

Just an idea.

Larry

VFRrider

I have Givi E21 side cases and I put my laptop in it every day on the way to work. I just stick it in one of the cases with my shoes and so far it's been fine (I’m impressed with dell). The laptop is a dell D620 which measures 13X10X2. Your laptop would not fit in the E21 cases so far as I can tell but they do make larger cases. I have been very happy with the Givi system because it's off and on very quickly plus, I can lock it to the bike and not worry about it. I just carry one of the cases in to the office with me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

*bump!*

Yesterday I got a new work laptop and it's too big to fit in my tank bag sad.gif So I'm on the same hunt. I emailed the Luggage Locker guys today to ask what other base plates they have... I'd rather stick the laptop locker on the rear seat, cause I'm kind of attached to all the crap i keep in my tank bag. smile.gif I'll let you know what I hear from the Luggage Locker guys.

-Laird

• Member Contributer

Does it have to be a tailbag? I do have the Luggage Locker tail bag and it won't fit my 14" Lenovo laptop so you're Dell definitely isn't going in there safely. However, I later purchased their Laptop Locker tank bag and it works great. I'm not sure about the size of your Dell unit but if you call and discuss it with Les I know he'd be more than happy to take the dimensions and let you know if it will work.

IMG_0500.jpg

• Member Contributer
Hi guys I need someway to cary my Dell XPS 1730M which is 16x12x2 I would like something that I can remove fairly easily and have enuff spce to put the laptop in it...I willing to get a Givi mount, any suggestions?

Here's an option that's made by Givi:

http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_bauli_...asp?CO_ID=29473

From the Givi website:

"B36N - Business case"

"The BUSINESS CASE was designed for people that cannot be without their briefcase and whose primary mode of transportation through the city is on 2 wheels. A “container” case that has been developed to fit and protect any briefcase from harm, yet it is spacious enough to use as an overnight or week-end bag. The use of the BUSINESS CASE is both fast and practical as it is compatible with any GIVI Monorack or plate fitting system (Monokey® or Monolock®), that you already have on either your motorcycle or scooter. The functionality is increased by the presence of double, or false, inner base that can be used to separate papers or contain documents, pens and other small objects."

BTW - I have a full set of Givi luggage for my '00 and really like the quality. It's good stuff.

You didn't mention if you want it lockable so I'll suggest mine.

I commute daily with a laptop and I use the Cortech TriBag Tailbag. It is large enough to hold an XPS 17" and other stuff as well. Lots of room, bungy hooks to attach to the bike easily and can be removed of course. I remove it when I get to work and when I get home if needed. Works fine considering it is soft luggage. You just can't lock it.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=147

mike

I am surpirsed the Givi T457 tail bag has not been mentioned, it seems like the best option to me.

Lockable onto a givi mount, laptop sleeve (no dimensions, probably need to call), and rolling suitcase.

• Member Contributer

Just a follow-up... I haven't heard anything back from the Luggage Locker guys. Here's what I wrote:

I've been looking for a quickly removable tail bag for my laptop and really like your Laptop Locker II product. Do you make a version of your base plate that can secure to the rear of a bike with a single-piece seat, either by strapping around the rear seat or by bungee to mount points? Also, do you make a magnetic-mount base for tanks that do not use the standard sportbike filler neck? I have an '05 Honda Interceptor, '88 Honda Magna and two custom choppers and would like to be able to use the Laptop Locker on all of my bikes.

I got impatient and bought something else. I found some no-name $40 mini roll bag at the local dealer that fit my laptop. To secure it to the bike I hacked up some never-used shoulder straps from my big tail bag, making two little mount adapters that hook on the helmet "locks". They're about 2 inches of woven nylon band, then a swiveling hook on the end that snaps onto the bag's D-rings. Then I use a little 10" mini bungee cord run under the grab rails to hold the D rings at the back of the bag. I can just unclip the two clips and slide the bag off the back of the grab rails and I'm off, laptop and accessories in hand!

-Laird

• Member Contributer
Just a follow-up... I haven't heard anything back from the Luggage Locker guys. Here's what I wrote:
I've been looking for a quickly removable tail bag for my laptop and really like your Laptop Locker II product. Do you make a version of your base plate that can secure to the rear of a bike with a single-piece seat, either by strapping around the rear seat or by bungee to mount points? Also, do you make a magnetic-mount base for tanks that do not use the standard sportbike filler neck? I have an '05 Honda Interceptor, '88 Honda Magna and two custom choppers and would like to be able to use the Laptop Locker on all of my bikes.

I got impatient and bought something else. I found some no-name $40 mini roll bag at the local dealer that fit my laptop. To secure it to the bike I hacked up some never-used shoulder straps from my big tail bag, making two little mount adapters that hook on the helmet "locks". They're about 2 inches of woven nylon band, then a swiveling hook on the end that snaps onto the bag's D-rings. Then I use a little 10" mini bungee cord run under the grab rails to hold the D rings at the back of the bag. I can just unclip the two clips and slide the bag off the back of the grab rails and I'm off, laptop and accessories in hand!

-Laird

The best way to reach Les is via phone but it is a relatively small company for now so if he is off at trade-shows or other events it could be a few days for him to get back with you.

Archived