Cruise Control Or Throttle Lock

Guest Galo

Question

Hey ya'll

I'm looking to see what you have on your bike as throttle lock or cruise control. Don't know what is called nor its scientific name. I bought one that is in 2 parts, one part on the throttle and the other between the kill switch and the brake cylinder, but it doesn't work.

Just wondering what item you can recommend and where to buy one. The ones that I see at the local stores will need extra rigging in order to work properly.

Thanks

9 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I really like my $20 vista cruise, but most guys on here prefer the much more expensive throttlemeister. A few people lke the cheap NEP, but wouldn't recommend it. Someone on here even modded an actual automotive cruise control. Again, I would not recommend it. A throttle lock is necessary for touring, but you still need to keep both hands on the bars as muchas possible for safety. ta

• Member Contributer

I really like my $20 vista cruise, but most guys on here prefer the much more expensive throttlemeister. A few people lke the cheap NEP, but wouldn't recommend it. Someone on here even modded an actual automotive cruise control. Again, I would not recommend it. A throttle lock is necessary for touring, but you still need to keep both hands on the bars as muchas possible for safety. ta

:fing02: on vista cruise, have a t-meister on the X and vista is easier to me,,,,, but t-meister looks better

• Member Contributer

I have a NEP and it works just as it should. Why would not you recommend it?

I'll have to say, I've got the CORRECT NEP and it works like a pro. Get the YAMAHA CC-2 though, I made the mistake of looking for the HONDA version, piece of parc. Doesn't look bad, and the relief on my right wrist is more than worth the $20 it cost. Drove 900 miles with it, couldn't imagine doing the same trip without it.

• Member Contributer

If money were no object, this is the way I'd go -> http://www.mccruise.com/

Since I can't personally justify throwing US$637 at that for my 5th Gen, I've got a Throttlemeister. I don't have the patience to allow my speed to fluctuate +/- 10MPH, so I'm constantly fiddling with the throttle, but the occasional slight adjustment of the throttle definitely beats holding it in position long-term.

I'll have to say, I've got the CORRECT NEP and it works like a pro. Get the YAMAHA CC-2 though, I made the mistake of looking for the HONDA version, piece of parc. Doesn't look bad, and the relief on my right wrist is more than worth the $20 it cost. Drove 900 miles with it, couldn't imagine doing the same trip without it.

buddy of mine from work told me the same thing about the Yamaha instead of the Honda. Guess I'll go to the Yamaha shop tomorrow and see what they have.

• Member Contributer

Tried the o-ring throttle lock and the coat hanger as well. The coat hanger wire worked all right but was always too fast downhill and too slow uphill.

Got the McCruise used off ebay for my 95 several years ago. Electonic is now a must for me while travelling cross country. Set the cruise at 9 mph over the speed limit and cruise without worring about a ticket(s). Really helps maintain average travel time. Since I am usually the only one with electronic cruise, I'm typically volentold to be the lead rider on LD trips.

I will try the Audio Vox set-up on my 01. Want to keep the McCruise on the 95 and prefer not to shell out big buck for the 01 McCruise.

Archived