6th Gen Givi Monorack Installation Question

chonsey

• Member Contributer

Just got all of the parts in the mail for my trunk set-up. There seem to be a lot of parts in the box, that the sparse instructions don't call for. Installation seems pretty straight forward, but where do all of these extra screws and washers go. Any help with pics would be appreciated.

• Member Contributer

When I installed mine, I remember thinking that Givi includes extra bolts and spacers depending on what is already on there, like the grab handles or the side racks or the extra brace kit that Givi added later to the top box doesn't wobble.

Its a pretty straightforward install if you don't think about it too much. I always try to over engineer everything.

• Member Contributer

You'll have extra pieces. GIVI makes great products, but the worst instructions in the world. I've learned to lay the parts out, look at em', then figure it out............ :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Yeah, I was left with a whole bunch of leftover parts when I did mine. As long as you've got the brackets connected to the passenger footpeg, exhaust hanger, and grab handles, you're good to go.

• Member Contributer
You'll have extra pieces. GIVI makes great products, but the worst instructions in the world. I've learned to lay the parts out, look at em', then figure it out............ :unsure:

That's what I thought, thanks :fing02:

Archived