A Couple Of Leo Vince Questions

Guest heavymental

Guest heavymental

I received the pipes for my 2006 today and had a couple of questions. First, there was part inside the box that i'm not sure where it goes. Its a round plate about 1.5" with 5 holes in it. It does'nt show up in the instructions. Second, should i use any kind of SEALANT on the joints? Lastly, what MAP should i use on my PC3. is there a good one on the site or should i just use the off the powercommander site? thanks.....

• Member Contributer
I received the pipes for my 2006 today and had a couple of questions. First, there was part inside the box that i'm not sure where it goes. Its a round plate about 1.5" with 5 holes in it. It does'nt show up in the instructions. Second, should i use any kind of SEALANT on the joints? Lastly, what MAP should i use on my PC3. is there a good one on the site or should i just use the off the powercommander site? thanks.....

Hi,

I've just fitted LV's on my '06 bike, so here are some answers:

1. I had two of those round plates in my package. Mine are very sharp along the edge and I just figured that those were "leftovers" from production

and not supposed to be used, since they aren't mentioned in the manual.

2. You shouldn't need any sealant, but I recommend using Loc-Tite (no 243) on the bolts at the tail brackets.

3. Since I do not use PC myself I can't say for sure, but the general opinion on VFRD is that you should use cosye's map.

Good luck with fitting the pipes!

It is really easy and if you just take your time with it you will enjoy a mean looking and sounding rear! :biggrin:

/Faceplant

• Member Contributer

I have Leo's Ti, and never put sealant. I wouldn't put sealant as a matter of fact. The map, only if you have O2 eliminator (search the forum to find out how to make them) and Coyze's map hands down.

1) Those pieces are not needed, I forget why they are even in there but some thread somewhere on this site identified what they are but they are not needed.

2) Its a dreaded thought to ever think of selling the VFR but if you think you may sell anytime in the next few years and take exhaust off to sell separate, it would not hurt to put thread anti-seize compound lightly around where each joint connects that way they will come apart with ease if ever needs to be removed. That's up to you... as far as sealant though -- none needed.

3) Don't know on that one so I hope some more of the more PC III savvy users on here will chime in sometime soon.

Don't get frustrated with the alignment of the pipes, it can take some time to get them just perfect (if your picky like me and want your baby to look flawless). you just want to slightly adjust each joint the right way and eventually you will get them lined up. The inside of cans under taillight point slightly downwards as the stock ones did if you get confused as to which way to rotate them as I believe they fit either way.

Congrats on your purchase you will definitely enjoy and if you run into any problems you know where to find some help! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

+1 round discs w/holes, sealant at connections not needed plus you will probably end up with a few extra spacers also, the leo vince instructions are useless so what I actually followed as a diagram was a pic from ebay on a complete system as put together on bike, easy install for me, now you can be a noisy squid like the rest of these punks on here, lol :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

The round discs are not used. IIRC they are for European noise restriction and go in the inlet side of each can. They also totally kill the flow and probably flow worse than the stock pipes.

You are going to love the pipes.

sPOTO

Archived