15 Tooth Cog Wont Fit '08

Guest VifferDude

Question

Guest VifferDude

Hi Guys,

Has anyone tried to fit a 15 tooth sprocket on an '08?. I just bought a sprocket and it wont fit. When the guy at the bike shop looked it up in the catalouge it only lited 02-07. You'd think the '08 would be the same being a 6th gen. I wonder if Honda has made a change to the drive shaft?.

How do I find a sprocket that fits if they have changed it?.

7 answers to this question

Hi, I very much doubt Honda changed that for no reason as it's been the same sence 02.

As far as the book showing 02-07 that is most likely because they don't have a current catalogs with info and products for the 08's.

Either he ordered you the wrong one or your doing something wrong! :unsure:

Hello:

JT Sprockets ...

They have a 15, 16, 17 and 18 tooth front sprocket available:

http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html?&..._uid=504&p=

rctwentyfour

Hi RC24,

I just had a look at that link. And the sprocket in the diagram looks like the correct sprocket. The sprocket I bought doesn't have enough splines, where the one in the diagram does. Problem is, I need a credit card to buy that sprocket and I don't have one. Whick means I have to buy one here in Australia. Which leads me too..............

23801-MCW-D00 part number for both 07 and 08.

the 15 tooth goes in the front not the back tongue.gif

If I was to quote that part number at a Honda dealership Rouse, would that be for a 15 tooth? It would save alot of hassles.

no that is the OEM #

15 tooth not avail from honda.

your honda dealer should be able to get the right one from the aftermarket.

For anyone else thats stumbles on this thread for later reference, the part number on the packet was correct. But it looked like someone put the wrong sprocket in the wrong packet. I took the original sprocket of the bike into the shop and it matched all the other sprockets, just not the one I recieved.

• Member Contributer
Hello:

JT Sprockets ...

They have a 15, 16, 17 and 18 tooth front sprocket available:

http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html?&..._uid=504&p=

rctwentyfour

Hi RC24,

I just had a look at that link. And the sprocket in the diagram looks like the correct sprocket. The sprocket I bought doesn't have enough splines, where the one in the diagram does. Problem is, I need a credit card to buy that sprocket and I don't have one. Whick means I have to buy one here in Australia. Which leads me too..............

Hello:

Here is the e-mail address for JT Sprockets, Europe / Australia: sales@bikealert.com

Send them an e-mail, ask if they have any dealers / distributors in Australia. However, as someone else said, you should be able to go to just about any motorcycle parts house and have them order this for you - pay cash over the counter.

rctwentyfour

Archived