Rebound Shot

Guest DarkKnight

Guest DarkKnight

While cleaning my newly acquired VFR I attempted to adjust my rear rebound to a harder setting. Much to my chagrin, the screw wouldn't move. Getting a larger screwdriver, it did begin to move, then spin freely--then keep on spinning in either direction. Obviously time for a new shock :warranty: , but could someone tell me what happened? I'm considering going with the 929 conversion...just wanted a little bit more damping...

Hi DK and welcome to VFRD! :warranty:

The 929 shock swap is a great & cheap improvement over the stock shock and sence yours is blow it's a no brainer go for the 929 shock. There is a "How to" guide somewhere, check the "Reference FAQ" or search function. :unsure:

Hi DK and welcome to VFRD! :biggrin:

The 929 shock swap is a great & cheap improvement over the stock shock and sence yours is blow it's a no brainer go for the 929 shock. There is a "How to" guide somewhere, check the "Reference FAQ" or search function. :biggrin:

Thanks for the welcome and the info! Ive been trolling about the 929 conversion and thats what Im gonna do. Here in town I can get a 929 shock/spring for about 100.00. Hopefully it wont need a rebuild...

Hi DK and welcome to VFRD! :fing02:

The 929 shock swap is a great & cheap improvement over the stock shock and sence yours is blow it's a no brainer go for the 929 shock. There is a "How to" guide somewhere, check the "Reference FAQ" or search function. :fing02:

Thanks for the welcome and the info! Ive been trolling about the 929 conversion and thats what Im gonna do. Here in town I can get a 929 shock/spring for about 100.00. Hopefully it wont need a rebuild...

Check ebay, they avg. $25-50 there. The 929(only 00-01) is sprung the same as the VFR (15.3 kg). Caution, the 929/954 shocks look and are sold as the same on ebay and they are not. The 929 has the opposite set up as the 954. The 929 is the best to use, but at least on member has made a 954 shock work.

If you need a stiffer spring like most of us these a post on spring options for the 929 shock that was just going round last week.

Happy 4th! :fing02:

Archived