Pp Or Pr2's On New Concours 14

teleskier

• Member Contributer

I have been reading on the "other" forum for Concours owners that many people do not believe the PP tire is suitable for a bike such as the C14 because the bike is a bit heavier and "generates too much heat to the tires" I presume because of weight and power and the PP cannot handle such situations becoming too "greasy" and not holding traction. Personally I think that is crap but wanted the opinion of the harder riders with vast tire experience such a BR perhaps?

I think I remember running PP on my ST1300 but cant remember for sure, maybe it was Z6's.

The reason for the change is that the stock tires suck for grip even though wear is good. I don't have confidence pushing hard even though I have them edge to edge and my peg feelers are gone and still scrape once in awhile. Also the turn in requires more effort than the PP does. Other C14 riders report much better performace from the PR2's

I ran Pilot Powers on my FJR1300 with complete confidence through many tight turns in WV and TN without a single problem. The only downside was the wear rate on the center patch of the rear tire as a result of riding straight roads to get the the twisty ones. Even so, if I still had the FJR, I'd still run Pilot Powers.

I love the PP's, but would suggest you try the Road 2's first as they provide PP levels of grip (IMO) and wear far longer. Michelin might make a high load PP and I bet they would feel great, but just wear out to fast.

Try the Road 2's, amazing Grip wet & dry! :fing02:

BR

• Member Contributer
I love the PP's, but would suggest you try the Road 2's first as they provide PP levels of grip (IMO) and wear far longer. Michelin might make a high load PP and I bet they would feel great, but just wear out to fast.

Try the Road 2's, amazing Grip wet & dry! :fing02:

BR

Having spent some time on a coupla' these bikes (next choice under the Gold Wing), due to weight, wheelbase, rake, etc., I don't believe even "I" (usually the mileage king) could get any mileage out of Pilot Powers on one of these.......(IMO), definetly something like Road 2s............. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

That was the direction I was leaning (PR2's) but being used to the PP and the wonderful characteristics of that tire I didn't want to short myself on performance.

Archived