Really Silly But ..............

Guest akyoung

Guest akyoung

hope someone out there can help .......

i need to get my VFR800 (2003) re-sprayed after it rolled off the side stand :warranty:

i have removed the rear and side fairings - but cannot work out how to remove the headlight cowl.

does anyone have a diagram of how to get it off - or can point me in the direction of a relevant website (just spent the last two hours of my life trying to find one)

sorry if this is totally inept

thanks

alex

• Member Contributer

The best advice I can give you is to buy an authorized Honda Service Manual:

2002-2003 VFR800/A Service Manual

Phone: 1-888-292-5393

The $60 cost (plus shipping) will be recovered many times over, if you do your own maintenance and repair work.

Plus, the service manual can save you from making costly mistakes.

The best advice I can give you is to buy an authorized Honda Service Manual:

2002-2003 VFR800/A Service Manual

Phone: 1-888-292-5393

The $60 cost (plus shipping) will be recovered many times over, if you do your own maintenance and repair work.

Plus, the service manual can save you from making costly mistakes.

I have the service manual - it covers the rear, side and inner cowls - but not the one with the headlead.

alex

• Member Contributer

Removing the front fairing is a task. You first need to remove the side fairings, mirrors, windshield, and the entire instrument cluster. Once you've got these off, just figure it out (that's what I did.) Even after you've removed these parts, the nuts holding the fairing in place are still tough to get to. It's not going to be a quick job, I guarantee you that.

Oh, and about those little plastic fasteners used throughout, buy some beforehand because you're probably going to break a few (ask me how I know.)

Archived