My New Laser Extremes

Guest gervasio

Guest gervasio

I got these put on two days ago. Lets just say I feel like a little kid when I get on the bike now.

1. They basically look custom compared to all the other stuff out there.

2. Heck everyone rides gsxrs, R1s, cbrs, etc. So my joint still sticks out.

3. The rumble sound! How bitchin.

4. I still got to keep my Honda bags. Function before fashion, baby.

Took about 3 1/2 hrs. Why? Glad you asked. For one, had to take everything off. Rear foot pegs, luggage racks, rear cowl, fender. I'm new at this, remember. Since the bike has been down, the luggage rack is slightly bent. So to make sure the pipes were aligned as best as possible, it required a longer bolt for hanging the right pipe (shown by Greg aka Veefer Madness in similar thread). On the left side, we needed an extra 4 washers where the luggage rack bolts by the license plate.

In summary, it's great quality, looks beautiful, don't be in a rush putting them on and leave everything loose till the end.

Again, they're not the loudest, but they sure are bad-ass! Now some pics...

pipes1234.jpg

Don't laugh at my fender!

pipes2970.jpg

pipes3134.jpg

pipes4460.jpg

I got these put on two days ago. Lets just say I feel like a little kid when I get on the bike now.

1. They basically look custom compared to all the other stuff out there.

2. Heck everyone rides gsxrs, R1s, cbrs, etc. So my joint still sticks out.

3. The rumble sound! How bitchin.

4. I still got to keep my Honda bags. Function before fashion, baby.

Took about 3 1/2 hrs. Why? Glad you asked. For one, had to take everything off. Rear foot pegs, luggage racks, rear cowl, fender. I'm new at this, remember. Since the bike has been down, the luggage rack is slightly bent. So to make sure the pipes were aligned as best as possible, it required a longer bolt for hanging the right pipe (shown by Greg aka Veefer Madness in similar thread). On the left side, we needed an extra 4 washers where the luggage rack bolts by the license plate.

In summary, it's great quality, looks beautiful, don't be in a rush putting them on and leave everything loose till the end.

Again, they're not the loudest, but they sure are bad-ass! Now some pics...

pipes1234.jpgpipes2970.jpg

I really like that 'Top Down' shot!!! :491:

But what's those 'little hole' thingies in the top cans??? :mellow: Oh, I know.... :idea3: gallery_8015_3238_27796.jpggallery_8015_3238_274225.jpg

gallery_8015_3238_164161.jpg

And you thought you were 'done'...... :warranty: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel:

gallery_8015_3519_19729.jpg

AND YOUR SOUL TOO!!!

They look really cool. Why did you go with the Lasers?? Just curious. Do you have a sound bite??

:musik20: KRANKITT!!! :musik20:

I picked the Lasers because they were not super loud, and sound sweet in the stop-and-go traffic area that I live in. Plus they just look WICKED.

Tom, I was so close to getting the Staintunes, but my inner obnoxiousness ruled the day.

Greg, how long and how involved was it to gut the smaller pipes. And is the sound difference worth the trouble?

I'll get a sound clip soon.

I picked the Lasers because they were not super loud, and sound sweet in the stop-and-go traffic area that I live in. Plus they just look WICKED.

Tom, I was so close to getting the Staintunes, but my inner obnoxiousness ruled the day.

Greg, how long and how involved was it to gut the smaller pipes. And is the sound difference worth the trouble?

I'll get a sound clip soon.

If your cans are 'seperate', It's as easy as drilling the rivets out, popping out the baffle and replacing it with a larger one.

You'll need to use a little less packing to tap it back in.

If you have the 'new' style, The biggest problem will be getting at one rivet because you cannot get a direct shot at it, but I've done it to both styles. Here's a link to a baffle guy:LA CHOPPERS

I got the 1.5'' but for the cost, I'd also get the next size up as well and see what works best for you.

Not a lot louder, (okay maybe) but even more throaty. :fing02:

Someday I'll post up a 'How To'....... :fing02:

th_DSCF0402.jpg <<<CLICK ME

Archived