Audio Sources And 'destinations'... Any Solutions For Me?

Guest klinquist

Guest klinquist

This is what I'm thinking:

In my helmet, I'll have a pair of in-canal phones and a microphone. I'll make this a single connection - something industry standard like a USB cable - to the bike where I'll split the audio and mic back out.

I want to plug that into a Zumo - that will allow me to use my mobile (via Zumo's Bluetooth) as well as XM radio and navigation audio.

Rather than running the headphones to the Zumo, I could run it into a MixIt2 audio multiplexer which would allow me to run some more inputs - My iPod (maybe), my Valentine-1, and my GMRS radio (I've got a 'professional' 5 watt GMRS radio, and I'll probably even put a 1/4 wave antenna on one of my hard bags).

The problem is the microphone - is there some sort of "reverse" multiplexer that will allow my microphone to go to both the GMRS (I'll use a PTT button) and the Zumo?

Thanks!

I think I've answered my own question. Autocom makes a Zumo wiring harness and a Kenwood handheld radio wiring harness. It'll do everything I need but cost me a small fortune smile.gif.

• Member Contributer
I think I've answered my own question. Autocom makes a Zumo wiring harness and a Kenwood handheld radio wiring harness. It'll do everything I need but cost me a small fortune smile.gif.

That is the problem and something I have been resisting on the VFR.

Archived