Pciii Help

Guest aaaa

Question

I bought an 04 this last year and have been loving the bike, but it did not come with the usb cable or software for the PCIII. I have been getting terrible milage (<30MPG) and think it may have something to do with the map. I would like to know if anyone here lives in Texas around DFW possibly that would be willing to do a quick map install for me, I would pay for the toubles. In the mean time I will just be disconnecting the PCIII. Also I have been reading about the O2 sensor eliminators and would like to know where to look if I have them installed too. Thanks for any help.

3 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

The software is availble for download from their website powercommander.com . The cables are also availble for purchase separatly also. The o2 eliminators should be visible if you follow the wires up from the catalytic converter into the fairing. If the wires are unplugged or the sensors are missing you probably have the eliminators (or at least resistors) in place. otherwise the efi light would be on.

• Member Contributer

I live in Euless, and have a laptop with the PCIII software and the USB cables. Not sure where in DFW you are, but if you send me whatever map you want installed, you can swing by sometime and I'll upload it for you. I'd also try changing your air filter... I've heard that can make a huge difference in fuel economy.

I live in Euless, and have a laptop with the PCIII software and the USB cables. Not sure where in DFW you are, but if you send me whatever map you want installed, you can swing by sometime and I'll upload it for you. I'd also try changing your air filter... I've heard that can make a huge difference in fuel economy.

Thanks.... I live in Burleson, but you are not that far. I was interested in the cozyie map from this site. I'll have to get intouch some time for when it will be convenient for you.

Archived