Race Scrubs

Guest chefjoe

All the time, once warmed up the work fairly well. Be sure to warm the up well as they don't heat up near as fast as street tires. On the rear is even less concern other then sliding when cold! :salesman:

Of course I'm extremely in tuned to what the tires are doing all the time so I'm always very aware of what's happening! :thumbsup:

Great! Have you ever had in issues in the wet? What about having the bike inspected with 'em on?

It's tough to beat the price...$40 for the rear and I'll probably buy a front next week.

Dang Pilot Powers lasted about 4000 miles. My front is cupped pretty bad... worn really strange.

I run about 35# in both.

Anybody else had this problem with the front with PPs? I thought they were supposed to be better than others resisting cupping!

Great! Have you ever had in issues in the wet? What about having the bike inspected with 'em on?

It's tough to beat the price...$40 for the rear and I'll probably buy a front next week.

Dang Pilot Powers lasted about 4000 miles. My front is cupped pretty bad... worn really strange.

I run about 35# in both.

Anybody else had this problem with the front with PPs? I thought they were supposed to be better than others resisting cupping!

No real problems in the wet either, but remember theres no sipes on the outer edges of track tires, but you shouldn't be leaned over that far in the wet. Just remember they take much longer to warm up! :goofy:

They are DOT race tires so the should be legal IMO. :thumbsup:

I only got 800 miles out of a almost new Pilot Race rear, but I do only get 2200 miles from a PP rear. :salesman:

I've run through at least 10 sets of PP and have Never had a cupping issue on the front, in fact I have never run a front tire that has maintained it's profile better then a PP front. :unsure:

btw you'll get more miles out of the rear PP running closer to 42 psi w/o any loss of grip, no reason to run that low a pressure on the rear of any current sport tire unless your running the Dragon all day long.

what brand race take offs are you using?

It's a Pirelli Supercorsa Pro. Not sure what the front will be. I'm getting them from a local hot shot racer and it might depend on what team he happens to be on at the time.

I was running the recommended presures listed on the swingarm, but I seemed to have some traction issues. Granted, the streets around here are kinda slippery, but I had always heard how sticky the PPs were, and I was a little disappointed. maybe it's just because the roads were cold. Anyway, a buddy suggested that I lower the pressures and it seemed to help.... a bit.

Maybe my suspension needs adjusting? The Prielli seems to grab pretty good! Shoot, if I get decent milage, I'll keep buying them!

Supercorsa Pros are very nice tires!

Teams usually run the same brand tires all season so I would think if that's Pirelli it should be what you get every time. What compounds are they giving you?

SC-0 supersoft

SC-1 soft

SC-2 medium

:thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I do too! I usually start the season with a "street" rear and "race" front, then run race for the rest of the year. Same thing Bailey said, warm them up. Once warm, they're a lot of fun.

I used to be worried in the rain, but now I drop the pressure significantly to get some heat in them and they work very well.

Not sure about the compound. I'll go look when I get a chance.... slackin' at work!

Sure wish there were more twisty roads in my area to really test 'em out... have to go south to the Hill Country or up into Oklahoma for that.

Archived