Laser Owners, Need Your Help

Guest dynamos2000

Guest dynamos2000

OK, I'm still going back and forth with the distributor over this....

*EDIT*

no missing parts - issue is that the laser 2 into 1 pipe is loose going into the stock (header) exhaust pipe. You can literally move the right side laser exhaust a few inches left or right no matter how much you torque everything down.

My right side exhaust is loose and from the looks of this:

http://tinyurl.com/37y8sw

...the reason why is because I need part number 7 to tighten the laser 2 into 1 pipe to the stock header pipe. Do YOU have one on yours? I noticed some pics on the web of laser owners with NO collar so maybe it isn't actually shipped with them and I need to get my own (looks like 1 5/8 or 1 3/4).

What about your setup??

thank you :warranty:

Fellow Laser Lurker:

The only the that holds the the 'Y' pipe (#7) to the pipes up to the cans (#5/6) are springs (#56).....

As far as the 'Y' pipe to the original collector goes, the clamp (#57) is needed....

It's possible that your OEM clamp may work if you are missing the Laser one...

th_DSCF0632.jpg

th_DSCF0631.jpg

th_DSCF0630.jpg

th_DSCF0633.jpg

If you need a person in The Netherlands to talk to, contact me via PM. :thumbsup:

Greg

...the reason why is because I need part number 7 to tighten the laser 2 into 1 pipe to the stock header pipe. Do YOU have one on yours? I noticed some pics on the web of laser owners with NO collar so maybe it isn't actually shipped with them and I need to get my own (looks like 1 5/8 or 1 3/4).

What about your setup??

thank you :warranty:

Fellow Laser Lurker:

The only the that holds the the 'Y' pipe (#7) to the pipes up to the cans (#5/6) are springs (#56).....

As far as the 'Y' pipe to the original collector goes, the clamp (#57) is needed....

th_DSCF0632.jpg

th_DSCF0631.jpg

th_DSCF0630.jpg

th_DSCF0633.jpg

If you need a person in The Netherlands to talk to, contact me via PM. :thumbsup:

Greg

Thanks for the great detailed pics. Guess I need to get an aftermarket one (no big deal) to keep the pipe from moving so much. Its a rather loose fit into the stock pipe.

What about your setup??

thank you :goofy:

Fellow Laser Lurker:

th_DSCF0632.jpg

th_DSCF0631.jpg

th_DSCF0630.jpg

th_DSCF0633.jpg

Greg

Thanks for the great detailed pics. Guess I need to get an aftermarket one (no big deal) to keep the pipe from moving so much. Its a rather loose fit into the stock pipe.

If you mean ON TO your stock pipe, did you put the OEM gasket for the joint on?

Sometimes it sticks to the original exhaust system when you pull it off....

(Ze Woman for ze information.........) :warranty: :salesman: :goofy:

Unfortunately I'm not missing any parts and the issue is that the laser 2 into 1 pipe that goes into the supplied laser pipe that then goes to the stock pipe is just too large. No matter how much I tighten the pipe to the stock mounting location, you can still move the pipe easily with your hand. Not cool... gonna attempt to reach someone at Jama and see if this is "normal" but either way this has been pretty frustrating to say the least when you are talking about this much money.

*edited I shouldn't post before at least one cup of coffee in the morning

Unfortunately I'm not missing any parts and the issue is that the laser 2 into 1 pipe that goes into the stock pipe is just too large. No matter how much I tighten the pipe to the stock mounting location, you can still move the pipe easily with your hand. Not cool... gonna attempt to reach someone at Jama and see if this is "normal" but either way this has been pretty frustrating to say the least when you are talking about this much money.

PM sent...

• 2 weeks later...

ALRIGHTY ... Just got off the phone and I'm receiving an entire replacement kit and its the new welded version.

Should have them within a week.

Will keep everyone posted

• 2 weeks later...

A BIG THANK YOU TO VEEFER MADNESS for all the help and support.

Got the new lasers today and it was just about worth all the headaches! I received the "new" version of the pipes and install was quick and the pipes are nice and snug.

Hope the rain holds off, got the luggage locker and the new pipes on my baby and I'm ready to ride!!!!

This site rocks

Archived