Zumo With Cell Phone

gmicklus

Question

• Member Contributer

hello all,

I have an older autocom easy-7 hard wired to my zumo and a bluetooth phone paired. I can hear and control the phone fine but the person called can not hear me due to a wobble in my voice and what sounds like i am at a distance from the mic. has any one else had this problem. i am thinking about getting a pro for the VOX but I don't want to throw money away if no one here has used this set up with success.

3 answers to this question

There are plenty of problems documented on www.zumoforums.com about Autocom and the Zumo interfacing while using a cell phone. Bottom line seems that it isn't perfect. Autocom came out with new cables, but you still have the issue of putting both MP3 sound and cell phone sound through the same input on the Autocom. When Autocom goes to mute the music while you talk, you end up getting muted voice from the person you are talking too as well. Personally, I decide to not pay $85 for a cable that is going to give me poor quality. For now I've just not used the whole cell phone set-up part.

One option that I heard works well is a Bluetooth receiver that plugs into your Autocom. The Zumo can transmit phone only to that and allow separate sound input into the Autocom allowing it to mute properly. MP3 sound is still transmitted by cable.

Sorry for the long explanation. As far as your voice issue, not sure what that is caused from.

I have no problem under about30MPH with my LG chocolate Phone and my Zumo 550. I just use the Starcom1 headset and Mic set up. I do not use any Starcom or Autocom set up externally with that.

• Member Contributer

thank you so much that was actually concise

with my older easy advance there is no muting so i think my problem is in the wiring which is at least cheaper then a new system

Archived