I Got In A Ride Today, Now Its Snowing Again

• Member Contributer

Today was sunny and cold, 27 degrees F ....roads were in good shape, my bike has been at the dealership since late fall...so I figured its time (very nice about the free storage) to snag it and put it back in my garage. I was the only motorcycle on the road and was pretty toasty thanks to my gear....T shirt, schampa thermal liner, gerbings heated liner, and hein gericke jacket w/liner, gerbings heated union ridge pants on, sidi tepor strada boots, oxford heated grips...did only about 50 miles as was late in the day. No problems with bike after wiring harness recall/replace...I have not checked everything but seems aok, got me home and was very glad the dealer did reconnect my powerlet and hot grips back up. My toes got a bit cold (thin socks) and that was it...was really good to be back out on bike after many months, 2 inches of fresh snow fell tonight so I guess I timed things well. The gear really worked, good test, Toasty! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

2 months......... :o .....one day of car driving (Wed) killed me....I left at 15 degrees yesterday on a bike to kill the stress........................ +1.gif 2 months of no bike and I'd be climbing the walls...I guess living where I do spoils Ya'...glad you're back riding................. :thumbsup:

My VFR was in the shop for 33 days back in December/January due to the wiring harness recall. I needed a full harness replacement (subs and main) the dealer stated logistics problems..whatever. I was going nuts but man did it sure feel good to get back on when I went to pick her up. Two months would have been complete agony. I am sure glad we dont get nasty winters down south!

• Member Contributer

Good to hear you got out Doug, I almost went out Monday afternoon after work, teh roads where dry and its was +4c (38F) but crap load of sand on the roads around me. Wasn't worried about dumping the bike as much as I was having the bottom of the bike sand blasted from all the crap on the road.

• Member Contributer

The recall was done promptly but I left bike in shop for over 3 months, my garage is messy now so the free storage was a good thing. I just like having bike ready to escape the city traffic and not waste a day picking up from dealership 1 hour away. Watch out for potholes are really bad and MIKES EXPRESS CARWASH...even if roads are nice and dry..remember these cagers getting all the salt off their cars leave a huge ice slick, covers one lane for many blocks as they leave these auto car washes. I saw this hazard and got into dry lane, but is something to watch out for if riding in freezing temps in the city. :thumbsup:

Archived