Maxxis Presa Sport Tires

skuuter

• Member Contributer

Gonna' give this thread postin' thing another shot today....... :goofy: ...After work today one of my local dirt track buddies came by with his 05 CBR600RR with a new set of tires for me to "mountain scuff" for him. Drives his 4 cyl Mustang mini-dirt-tracker flat out but very timid on his bike (has the CBR just because he likes the "killer" looks). I have scuffed 2 sets in for him in the past. These were a totally new to me tire. Maxxis Presa Sport. I left out and made one pass up and one down on the Cowan 64 side...then ran it pretty brisk back up. These tires really felt good. So good in fact that I went on to Monteagle to go down then back up my favorite road. I was very impressed. I ran the bike like it was mine and really felt great. His wife got them for his 34th birthday, so he's not sure of the price, but is gonna' try to find out for me without causing a problem. If I get some more details, I'll post, but if these are priced like a lot of other Maxxis products, might be worth looking at. These will never see more than 2" of center used after today................... :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

His wife paid $290 mounted and balanced at K-K's (a little tiny hole-in-the-wall-no employees-one-owner-shop out in the country in Manchester). Works on motorcycles, lawnmowers and weedeaters. This being the case there are probably some good deals out there on these.......FELT GOOD............. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
How do they compare to the PP. If its equivilent and cost less that would really be something.

That's what I keep kicking around in my feeble brain. I can't really say they were any less tire than my PPs through the corners. I looked at an ad for them today in my new Motorcyclist. They call them a good track/ road tire. Don't know about wear, cupping either. The owner really just putts around, mostly straight roads with his brothers (600 Shadow, 750 Spirit), he just loves the "cool" looks of the CBR. After he flat spots the centers, I'll try to borrow it again............. :thumbsup:

Archived