Camera & Gps Mounting

Guest goldVFR

Guest goldVFR

I have a GPS unit mounted on my bike, using the typical setup of a RAM mount + Garmin Quest cradle. But I really wanna shoot some videos while riding.

All I have is my Kodak 7.1M digital camera, takes pretty decent videos, I hope the video won't soffer too much from vibration.

So I just ordered the Ram mount long arm and camera plate, was hoping to get it today but I guess will have to wait till tomorrow. My plan is being able to swap the GPS holder and the camera holder. - I figure if I really NEED the GPS and the camera at the same time, I can just throw the Quest in the map holder of my tank bag. Anyway, I mostly use the GPS to find places, so if I don't know where I am going, chances are I am not using the camera.

Will post some pictures and videos once the setup is here.

• Member Contributer
Current dash:

gallery_5567_767_37161.jpg

sm100_0417.jpg

Wow, check out that color!

Back in '92 I had a S-Works M2 (Specialized) mountain bike. It came in that color purple. When I had to have the bike repainted due to a defect that caused the stock paint to flake I had the bike repainted in that metal-flake gold. Nice to see that you are rockin' them both.

Guest goldVFR
Current dash:

gallery_5567_767_37161.jpg

sm100_0417.jpg

Wow, check out that color!

Back in '92 I had a S-Works M2 (Specialized) mountain bike. It came in that color purple. When I had to have the bike repainted due to a defect that caused the stock paint to flake I had the bike repainted in that metal-flake gold. Nice to see that you are rockin' them both.

:rolleyes: All the credit / flame on the purple dash is due the previous owner of the bike. If I wasn't too lazy I would take the dash off and give it that carbon fiber look that some of the guys in here have done.

Anyway, I just got the word that the RAM arm and camera mount have arrived. Cant wait to get home :P