Okay Now What - Charging System

Guest gr3664

• Member Contributer

Not to say that that's your problem, but something to get taken care of either way if it was a recall.

Guest gr3664
Not to say that that's your problem, but something to get taken care of either way if it was a recall.

thanks, yeah i checked with both the local honda dealer and the central honda desk, and it seems my vin # was outside of the recall, with the guy implying that it was newer and the stator had already been replaced - as i said i checked the resistance, continuity etc - i fully intend, if it is the stator, to take it into the dealer and have him check against the part number or whatever identification they can come up with, if my stator was somehow missed in the recall - so as it stands now, i have the stator on order and the R/R, i will replace stator first and if it all fires up i will be sell the R/R on line or something

Guest gr3664
Just so that y'all know - I tested my stator every which way from Sunday and it checked out GOOD in every respect (except that the wires got up to about 1000 degrees when you plugged it into a R/R).

That said - changing the stator is not very difficult at all.

I also think that the bad reputation for R/R came from those with the R/R under the rear fairing. I was out for a ride today at 22C (fairly cool) and my R/R was cool as a cucumber.

i'm still waiting on my parts but starting to assemble my 'tools' - in your writeup that's pinned above, i like your puller mod, but i wonder if you or anyone else knows what the thread size is in the area where the honda puller threads into on the inside of the flywheel's center - what i'd like to try is to just buy a large bolt that fits into this 'hole' and pull the flywheel off the shaft this way - i hate to spend money i don't have to...

Archived