Oem Dunlop Sportmax (d204)

sportrider

• Member Contributer

I've ridden mostly Michelin Pilot Roads and when I splurged, Michelin Pilot Powers. I've not tried the Dunlops, but they come on the new bike. Anyone have experience with these tires? Particularly, how long will they last and how will they handle in the wet?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
I've ridden mostly Michelin Pilot Roads and when I splurged, Michelin Pilot Powers. I've not tried the Dunlops, but they come on the new bike. Anyone have experience with these tires? Particularly, how long will they last and how will they handle in the wet?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

I'm at about 5000 miles and my rear oem Dunlop Sportmax's are at the wear indicators. They are squared off too from a 600 mile 2 day ride. The front Dunlops have probably 40-50% tread left. I don't know how good they handle in the wet, but 2-3 times in the dry they've scared me mid-curve when I gave the bike some aggressive throttle inputs and I felt the rear squirm and step out a little bit. since then I've haven't pushed the bike at all whenever there's even a hint of moisture on the ground.

• Member Contributer

I'm just getting out on them, so your response was helpful. Thanks. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

My original 204's went about 5000 miles with severe cupping on the front but plenty of tread left and the rear was down to the wear bars. I'm on my 3rd set of 220's and have never had a problem with traction, even when I've been over my head hot into a few corners. I don't ride much in the rain except for the occassional short commute home and I just take it easy and likewise, have never had a problem. I am partial to Dunlops because of their willingness to back their product. I'm currently on a FREE set of 220's after complaining (politely) to Dunlop directly that my last set of 208's only ran 2000 miles before I hit the wear bars.

Archived