Suspension Mods For A 2006 Vfr

Guest Jlewis50

Guest Jlewis50

I just recently purchased a new VFR in May. It was a new 2006 model i got at a good price. Anyway the suspension is a little wonky. I am 6'4 and weigh 245.

I need stiffer shocks and forks.

Well since the budget is limited what are my options of other bikes shocks that would fit the bike the bike?

I don't have a concern with staying with only Honda shocks.

Maybe a hayabusa shock would fit. It is about the same weight as the VFR and is a much nicer shock with high and low speed adjustments? The spring rates are probably much higher.

Any thoughts on budget saving ideas? the aftermarket springs are way too high.

Appreciate any feed back you may have.

Additionally, what are some fork alternatives, maybe a simple spring change with higher fluid level. the cartfridge emulaters are nice but way too expensive.

Nesxt time around I think I will immediately have the dealer upgrade the suspension and add it to the price of the bike and finance the entire deal.

Joe

G'day Joe, I have an 06 as well, and know what you mean. With your weight, springs front and rear would be the go, and revalving as well.

If you are keen to replace the shock rather tahn rebuild it have a look around on here. Baileyrock did up a list a while back of what shocks would fit.

I haven't done it, but was checking it out - folks have done things like Fireblade or RC 51 forks - seems kinda complicated to me, not really ' bolt in' > I think the idea is - 954 top triple clamp, RC 51 bottom clamp and forks, brakes, wheel . RC 51 is closer in weight to VFR, still 50 -60 lbs lighter, but totally sportier /flash. espec. brakes. probably would need aftermarket shock or at least spring. Just sending fork for revalve / stiffer springs probably more logical, if that applies to 'cycles.

Archived